My new Lian Li PC-7B+... WOW!

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
ok, im sure you guys have seen many of these threads before, but i couldnt resist.

after using many cheap cases, i finally decided to spend some money on a good case. my choice came down to the Lian Li PC-7B+ for its dual 120mm I/O fans, and its black secksiness. :cool:

and all i have to say is..... WOW!! the build quality is amazing!! i cant believe ive ever used any other cheap case. its not just sturdy, but its beautiful and very clean.

unfortunately... the smudges make it look ugly... :( what do you guys use to remove your smudges from your Lian Lis? im going to be doing some 'major' case work on this, and i dont want to totally smudge this beautiful case.

i used some eye glasses cleaner w/ a microfiber cloth last night to clean off the few finger prints, but is there something better i should use? windex or the such?

and heres some pics (sorry for the somewhat crappy pics. my cameras not very good...):
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/tssmodder/Computer Pics/LianLi1.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/tssmodder/Computer Pics/LianLi2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/tssmodder/Computer Pics/LianLi3.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/tssmodder/Computer Pics/LianLi4.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/tssmodder/Computer Pics/LianLi5.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/tssmodder/Computer Pics/LianLi.jpg

do you guys recommend taking off the grill in the back? any other ideas you guys have for working w/ a Lian Li case?

remove the front filter and the grill that holds the filter for better airflow along with the mesh grill in the back....Make a round hole above the mobo tray near the psu so you can route your wires behind the mobo tray :)

Sweet case I wanna replace my Pc 61-B with it because of the 120mm FANS :D

should i really remove the front filter? unfortunately this PC is going to be sitting on my floor (carpet :( ), but im planning on building a little stand for it.

im planning on removing the rear grill, but im divided on the front filter...

what if i took off the front filter and replaced it w/ the rear girll?? i do need some sort of filter, but do you think itd perform almost as well w/ far more airflow?

On my 6077-b I use a lint free cloth and water to get rid of the smudges.

Nice case, I have the silver + windowed version, and I just love it. What a great case.

TSS Modder said:
should i really remove the front filter? unfortunately this PC is going to be sitting on my floor (carpet :( ), but im planning on building a little stand for it.

im planning on removing the rear grill, but im divided on the front filter...

I would not. I have the same case and it is also near the floor. It has to be cleaned about every two weeks.

Either the links are busted or my corporation's firewall is blocking them. Anyone else not able to view these pics?

amazing case. i was gonna buy it but because of the non-removabel tray and 3hd-rack i went with pc-60b plus instead :cool: these lian li cases are the best because theyre cool without trying to be cool like thermaltakes. post pics of the system installed in it too

codegoblin said:
Either the links are busted or my corporation's firewall is blocking them. Anyone else not able to view these pics?

Pics are fine for me. Lian-Li's are nice... I love my 7077a, although it's just a bare frame right now.

I was split between this case and the v1000....but I heard that this case is somewhat loud? I didn't think it would be considering the use of 120mm fans versus the louder 80mm fans.

TSS Modder said:
do you guys recommend taking off the grill in the back? any other ideas you guys have for working w/ a Lian Li case?

Yes..
I did on my PC-75B I just used a pair of tin snips and clipped the the four "posts" that connect the grill to the case (not to close to the case side tho) then used a file and filed down what was left. took about 10 minutes.
The front filter can be removed as well..but kept mine in to keep the little dust in my room out of it AND it kinda muffles some of the fan noise :)

the new models come with a removable mesh grill, there should be no need to cut out the back grill.

ok, so i took of the rear grill off (its not permanently attached. it uses a really thin tape)

and then i figured id try moving the grill to the front. it should help cut out dust, while providing a good bit of airflow.

but... if the original filter doesnt prevent a large amount of airflow, then ill just stick w/ that. but so far i really like the look of the rear grill in the front.

question: for the HDD, i placed little pieces of foam on the sides of the drive to isolate it from the drive cage, and its placed on the bottom holder. do you guys think i should move the HDD up to the middle position to allow airflow on both the top and bottom of the drive?

another question: have any of you guys ever stealthed drives in a Lian Li case? the drive covers are made of aluminum, not plastic (which is what im used to workin w/), which makes the task slightly harder. does anybody have any insight on stealthing drives? particularly on Lian Lis...

pics of the naked innards shall come shortly :)

Eh, are you sure this case has 120mm fans all around? Neweg shows it as having an 80 or 92mm in the back, I can't tell exactly what size it is from the pics but they might be wrong or my visual estimation might be off. I'd really like to know though, if it had 120 all around I'd definately bite at the price Newegg has them at right now.

TSS Modder said:
another question: have any of you guys ever stealthed drives in a Lian Li case? the drive covers are made of aluminum, not plastic (which is what im used to workin w/), which makes the task slightly harder. does anybody have any insight on stealthing drives? particularly on Lian Lis...
I've seen some stealthing plates come right from Lian-Li. Aluminum too.

As for Megadeth_Guy, some PC-7B+ cases do come with the rear 120mm fan. They're the ones to shoot for.

wow wierd man i didnt think many people had this case. i just got it and im loving it (well i got the windowed one). what i've done is remove the metalic inner exuast grill and then when im done getting everything put together ill take off the back one. is it just me or do these fans not push that much air at all? it seems like my 38cfm scythe 80mm fan pushs more at high. what are you doing for psu wire hiding?? i ahve the enermax 535w which has so many cables and for some reason it seems like there wouldnt be enough room for the wires hide behind the mobo.

oh yea and mine's on the floor as well and after 1 week i had to clean the filter. yuck. would making a stand help it?

Megadeth_Guy01: http://www.shentech.com/lipcplalecmi3.html
best price, good shipping, and dual 120mm fans :D

thanks for lettin me know about the cd covers! thatll help a lot :)

Vulcanworlds: thats why i bought a few Yate Loon/Nexas fans ;) http://www.case-mod.com/store/120mm-case-fan-yate-loon-d12sl12-orange-quiet-fan-p-1709.html

for PSU wire hiding... i guess im gonna have to learn how to use a dremel and make a nice little hole up top...

if you take it a few inches off of the floot, i think itll really help cut the dust.

ill take a few pics in a few minutes of the inside and ill edit the thread and stick em up.

edited for photos:
Original front
Front grill replacement
Front inside HDD and grill
Case inside
Case inside 2
HDD Isolation i used foam thats used to isolate and protect motherboards in their boxes and taped it onto the HDD. im not too worried about vibrations, but it wont hurt to do some basic isolation...
HDD Isolation in place

Windex rocks for fingerprints on aluminum, or steel for that matter, oh yea, and glass and plexi as well. ;)

vulcan i got that same psu. It was sleeved by frozen cpu. Im only using like 60% of the cables. Were u able to hide them all and make it clean? Pics would be greatly appreciated.

grr yours was sleeved.....i wish i knew that before. but oh well. um i will post a pic of the best i can hide them.(it's not all together yet) yea i hardly use any of the cables.

it didnt come sleeved free, i paid em 35 bucks i think for them to do it, i just chose the color of the sleeves and heatshrink uv green/white. I was gonna do it myself but the kit to do it almost cost as much (including molex remover tool). Add to the fact i dont have a heat gun i said forget it ill let them do i can wait an extra week.

and heres some pics (sorry for the somewhat crappy pics. my cameras not very good...):

they're much better than many of the pics I see on here *cough*case gallery*cough*

:D

Something else I use that works great is iKlear. The stuff made for cleaning LCD's. Leaves the surface nice and smooth and static free, with no actual build-up/deposit of materials.

I also use it on my Gloss-Black Velodyne subwoofer cabinet.

-Larry

~GoaT~ said:
On my 6077-b I use a lint free cloth and water to get rid of the smudges.

Back