My New LG 29 inch EA93 Ultrawide Lots of Pics/Game Pics

There were similar displays from other manufacturers. I can remember of at least two examples when someone returned it. One example comes from this very forum. The monitor is extremely narrow with its 1080 horizontal resolution. Basicaly that's two 1980x1080 monitors side by side... If you are OK with that - then good for you, but usually when the emotions of the new buy fade away and only routine use remains - one start to notice the awkwardness of it and how uncomfortably narrow it is. Probably only some hard boiled cinema lovers may appreciate it for real.

There is one other moniter avaialable from Dell, There was one person here at Hard and he didnt post any pictures of the actual moniter, games or do any testing, Did he even own one? These moniters were just released so there is really not much input anywhere let alone game testing. I just dont find someones opinion really valid based off no expierence with the item. I must be OK with it since i actively went out and purchased it :) WOW i really didnt know it was a narrow moniter thanks for points that out..... Also its not 2 1920X1080 moniters side by side that would be a aspect ratio of roughly 32:9 this is 21:9 res

There is one other moniter avaialable from Dell, There was one person here at Hard and he didnt post any pictures of the actual moniter, games or do any testing, Did he even own one? These moniters were just released so there is really not much input anywhere let alone game testing. I just dont find someones opinion really valid based off no expierence with the item. I must be OK with it since i actively went out and purchased it :) WOW i really didnt know it was a narrow moniter thanks for points that out..... Also its not that would be a aspect ratio of roughly 32:9 this is 21:9 res

Yeah, well, if you like it - good for you. That person did post screens of gaming though. You can search the forum if you feel like. It's not exactly 2 1920X1080 moniters side by side of course, it's shorter, but gives somenone a perfect idea of how it looks and feels, just no bars. Like I said if you like - god bless you man and have a good time with your display, but my personal opinion is that the aspect ratio sucks and the majority of people share the same opinion. Everyone has used a 1920 1080 23" monitor at some point of time and knows very well how it feels...

Yeah, well, if you like it - good for you. That person did post screens of gaming though. You can search the forum if you feel like. It's not exactly 2 1920X1080 moniters side by side of course, it's shorter, but gives somenone a perfect idea of how it looks and feels, just no bars. Like I said if you like - god bless you man and have a good time with your display, but my personal opinion is that the aspect ratio sucks and the majority of people share the same opinion. Everyone has used a 1920 1080 23" monitor at some point of time and knows very well how it feels...
Lol you crack me up, you haven't used the moniter, gAmes look awesome and play awesome, by the look of my screenshots it sure backs that up. The wider fell is tremendous, you must hate multi moniter gaming as well since its so stretched out you will say its to wide Blah blah blah... Later Hater go drink the Kool Aid.

Had any issues with games not conforming correctly yet?

Only Skyrim has given me trouble so far in 2560x1080, that is pretty much the only game that I had to change the Ini file to a custom res but the last update seems to break it.

These monitors have been out for months (imports). So they been purchased by some people to get an idea if they like them or not based on the aspect ratio. I been thinking of getting a new monitor, and this was one that interested me. But after reading the ANandTech review about fixed firmware, I put off that thought until I see those results in a production unit. I don't mean a persons opinion on the feel of input lag, but more scientific results.

But as long as you're happy, that's all that should matter.

So if you used a moniter and it fely right and you were happy with it but later you saw a review saying it was horrible in terms of lag or whatever else you would not like it anymore?

So if you used a moniter and it fely right and you were happy with it but later you saw a review saying it was horrible in terms of lag or whatever else you would not like it anymore?

I didn't say that. But I'm not buying a monitor without doing my research first. Not that I am a professional gaming competing in FPS games..:eek:

For me personally, I'd like a monitor that doesn't introduce a lot of lag. Especially when my desire to buy a new monitor is plainly a want, not a need. I already have 3x 1080P monitors in surround.

I didn't say that. But I'm not buying a monitor without doing my research first. Not that I am a professional gaming competing in FPS games..:eek:

For me personally, I'd like a monitor that doesn't introduce a lot of lag. Especially when my desire to buy a new monitor is plainly a want, not a need. I already have 3x 1080P monitors in surround.
How do you like surround?

This monitor, at $700, costs as much as a 30" 16:10 2560x1600 monitor from monoprice but only has 67.5% the vertical resolution. However, it is 1.28" wider (a 16:10 monitor would have to be 31.5" diagonal to be the same width).

How do you like surround?

I like it. The bezels don't bother me much. The only reason I want new stuff is I want to move away from TN monitors. I have 3x Dell P2310H monitors, bought them all specifically for eyefinity back when i had a HD 5970. I've moved on to a Nvidia GTX Titan now, so I don't need to have display port anymore (AMD req).

I can't find this any where for sale or in a store to check it out... Where did you end up getting it from?

Wish they would make moniters with zero Bezels, whats the hold up?

Bezels are made to house the LG Panels... until LG, Samsung, or any other panel maker engineers a panel requiring less or no bezels - the monitor makers are at their mercy...

I can't find this any where for sale or in a store to check it out... Where did you end up getting it from?

Microcenter in Westmont Illinois, it's so nice that I drive by it 5 days a week going back and forth work :) Great place to kill a hour. They have also had 4 Titans instock since Monday, I guess no one a $1000 video card, I was thinking of getting 2 of them replacing my 3 7970s

Microcenter in Westmont Illinois, it's so nice that I drive by it 5 days a week going back and forth work :) Great place to kill a hour. They have also had 4 Titans instock since Monday, I guess no one a $1000 video card, I was thinking of getting 2 of them replacing my 3 7970s

oh the woes of being on the East Coast :(

Lol you crack me up, you haven't used the moniter, gAmes look awesome and play awesome, by the look of my screenshots it sure backs that up. The wider fell is tremendous, you must hate multi moniter gaming as well since its so stretched out you will say its to wide Blah blah blah... Later Hater go drink the Kool Aid.

I've always thought it'd be sweet do do some widescreen gaming, but not at the cost of having a break in the screen from using 2 monitors.

Having my own monitor at a resolution of 1920x1200, I'm hoping i can find one that is the same height when my monitor finally dies.

I've always thought it'd be sweet do do some widescreen gaming, but not at the cost of having a break in the screen from using 2 monitors.

Having my own monitor at a resolution of 1920x1200, I'm hoping i can find one that is the same height when my monitor finally dies.
I would love 1200 vs 1080 but after I got everything setup and eunning perfectly I won't get rid of it unless they bring out one with a higher res.

hi op could you post how the screen looks when browsing in full screen and watching youtube videos.

Guys just a update, I got another LG 29 manufactured of May this year with the newer Firmware and I'm running 3 780s in Tri Sli. Will post some screenies, overall it is snappier and I'm able to overclock the moniter to 78mhz!! Woot!

FLAWLESS WIDESCREEN. flawlesswidescreen dot org.
It works great for SKYRIM and has like 40+ other game plugins

Trying the AOC which has no blacklight bleed or deadpix.

I scored the NEC version on ebay for $286 because of a price mistake. We'll see how it turns out.

There is one other moniter avaialable from Dell, There was one person here at Hard and he didnt post any pictures of the actual moniter, games or do any testing, Did he even own one? These moniters were just released so there is really not much input anywhere let alone game testing. I just dont find someones opinion really valid based off no expierence with the item. I must be OK with it since i actively went out and purchased it :) WOW i really didnt know it was a narrow moniter thanks for points that out..... Also its not 2 1920X1080 moniters side by side that would be a aspect ratio of roughly 32:9 this is 21:9 res

I have the DELL U2913WM. Have run quite a few games with no problems at all.

However I must say that is monitor have HORRIBLE INPUT LAG when playing it gives me a bad headache. My former DELL U2711 was better and my DELL U2713HM is better also.

This DELL U2913WM is great for watching movies (but you'd better off with a 32" HDTV) and for working. The picture quality is GREAT, bright screen, semi glossy. Perfect monitor if not for the TERRIBLE INPUT LAG.

LG released the B version which has low input lag (reviewed by PRAD) while the original and Dell version have high lag.

LG released the B version which has low input lag (reviewed by PRAD) while the original and Dell version have high lag.

I am perfectly aware of that BUT before buying the DELL and knowing that I read a lot of reviews saying that the LG problems did not affect the DELL monitor and TFTCENTRAL praised how low lag was with the U2913WM. Well as an actual owner I must DISAGREE with TFTCENTRAL.

TFT Central's praise was directed at the Game Mode which usually has mediocre colors vs. the Default Standard Mode & locked color controls on Dell displays.

The new LG has 2ms signal vs. the Dells 23ms.

PRAD has oscilloscope measurements for both the Dell:

http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2013/test-dell-u2913wm-teil9.html#Latenzzeit

& LG 29EB93 which also has faster pixel response times and 3x overdrive settings

http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2013/test-lg-29eb93-p-teil7.html#Latenzzeit

Received the new model LG yesterday to replace a faulty 29EA93. The new model is called the 29EA73 and the main difference is a black stand instead of the silver. Zero input lag on the new model, it's chalk and cheese.

Received the new model LG yesterday to replace a faulty 29EA93. The new model is called the 29EA73 and the main difference is a black stand instead of the silver. Zero input lag on the new model, it's chalk and cheese.

Nice! I'm loving BF4 and it's great at this Rez.

Back