• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My new Heatsink

Dmac122383

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
437
Check out my new heatsink for my CPU.

15yxn50.jpg

1z4wnyf.jpg

ic8ex3.jpg

a1ok0h.jpg


Just kidding, I took apart a VFD Drive at work checking it out and removing the fans and this is what I found inside. It also had 3 60mm 6000rpm delta fans in it. Too bad I couldnt find a use for a massive heatsink like this lol.
 
Its a nice unit, cleaned up Im sure you could find something to do with it, keep it on your desk to put envelopes/bills, it was hip back in the day to make your own ram sinks, but I think this beast is a bit thick and would be awkward to work with. Make some fridge magnets. I cant think of anything else but surely someone is more creative than I am.
 
Good idea about using it for envelopes/bills, I think i'm gonna actually do that. Thanks
 
envelope holder is a brilliant idea.. good thinking reunite..

but i wonder if you could find a copper base from another heatsink and epoxy it or what ever to the bottom of that heatsink to life it high enough to fit on a board.
 
Back
Top