My new AVA..about to order

I don't know,lot of second hand information here that some seem to be accepting as gospel.And since AVA can't respond here (convenient),we're not getting their side of the stories.And the timing is ironic,considering how many satisfied customers have posted here lately.I guess the best advice is,don't be swayed by a few good or bad reviews,do your research,get the whole story,and then decide.

My recent purchase with AVA was based on a couple of things. One, I have three friends of mine who have made large computer orders with them in the past and have nothing but high regard for their work. Two, by and far mostly positive reviews from people posting their experiences on this forum and others.

I certainly feel for what Kodan has gone thru. Nothing is more aggravating than to spend a ton of money for something we're all passionate about like computers, and to end up with a bad deal, he has earned a right to voice his disappointment here. The reality is that with every computer company who pumps out upwards of 400+ systems a month, there is bound to be lemons, and examples of where the company could have done better. I've read horror stories from people who have spent over 6 grand for a system with Falcon Northwest, to Alienware, IBuypower, Gateway, Dell, etc.

At this point, I'm very happy with my system from AVA for which I have recently posted a small review. They did an excellent job with wiring and components and it currently runs like a dream. If it turns south, and I fail to receive good customer support, then I won't hesitate to post my experience here.

I don't know,lot of second hand information here that some seem to be accepting as gospel.And since AVA can't respond here (convenient),we're not getting their side of the stories.And the timing is ironic,considering how many satisfied customers have posted here lately.I guess the best advice is,don't be swayed by a few good or bad reviews,do your research,get the whole story,and then decide.

Do you think the better thing to do would be to contact Misha myself and approach him on this matter?

The bottom line is: If he really was the one responding to kodan, there's no way in hell I'd ever buy from them. As for now, yes, I can't help but be reluctant from buying from them. He's the CEO, as someone stated.

Perhaps I'll try to seek others that have spoken to Misha directly concerning matters like this, and see their points of view too.

I would love to actually listen in on that conversation Zetherin. I know you all think I am just pissed off but I am not stretching the truth about this situation. Its been a nightmare. I still say that if you want to call it ironic that I am posting after they got banned it should be for the fact that they got banned not that I am posting after that fact. I really did expect them to come reply here. It was the last little bit of entertainment that I expected to get out of the deal. I wanted to see how they blew me off like they did in the last thread of mine they responded too. Sadly all I get to do now is try to warn people away from them.

Are you sure?? Because whenever a negative review is left for companies like AVA or Digital Storm one of their representative usually responds with their side of the story or contradicts what the OP. In many instances I have read responses from the builders referencing dates, specific conversations, or offers to rectify the situation. I often wondered how the builders could respond to each specific unless the OP was required to provide an order number which in turn can be seen by the builder.

Most of them are actual customers. But there are ways around it, Monarch got into trouble for that apparently.

Most of them are actual customers. But there are ways around it, Monarch got into trouble for that apparently.

Indeed, but it was pretty obvious what they were doing. Last, gasping, desperate attempt of the company to make a final few dollars before selling off their office equipment and calling it quits.

I won't deny that there is plenty of room for companies to falsify RR posts. I wouldn't put it past some companies on here to do that.

I bought a computer from AVA about 6 months ago that has never worked right. I bought because of the favorable reviews here. Their tech support is incredibly bad -- they effectively could care less, flat out ignore questions, indicate they will research a problem and never get back, tell you to try X but when asked the steps to perform X don’t reply, etc. The emails posted in the other thread regarding Misha’s responses to a customer unfortunately do not surprise me. How anyone that could read an email like that, from the CEO of the Company, and defend AVA or consider a purchase from them completely escapes me.

This was my first foray into boutique builders and it’s definitely my last. I have limited time and wanted a no hassle computer. Based on the “testing” Hard OC used to perform, many boutique builders (and particularly AVA) were rated as having much better tech support than Dell, Gateway, etc. Maybe that was true for a short period of time and maybe it wasn’t. It’s clearly not the case now. Even back at the time it did concern me that it appeared some people had to post problems on this board before AVA really addressed the issue. I wish I had listend to that little nagging concern.

I have had many other computers and feel confident that if I had purchased a Dell I would at least have a computer that functions at this point. Boutique builders represent too much risk for someone who wants a no hassle, supported purchase and I greatly regret my purchase.

My advice is to stay far away from AVA

For some reason this thread didn't update as current after my post yesterday. Maybe something to do with the database upgrade last night.

And apparently still does not still showing Doc as the last poster and remaing in the 5/16 posts.

I admit guys I am disgruntled atm... no doubt about it I am mad. I spent $4200 on a box that eats vid cards ram and mobos like candy. Its had this problem since I bought it. I think anyone in my situation would be livid and honestly I put up with the situation far longer than I ever should have but I am a nice guy like that. I am glad that other people arent having issues but I know alot have had them.

Hell even one of the best threads going for them where that one guy spent 8 or ten grand on his comp ended badly and he didnt ever even get a full refund. Look at the last page there he said after all the hassles all he ever got was a partial refund. Hell I wish they would offer me a partial refund and I would take it.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1169021

umm replace the psu there are like what 5 parts to a computer?

Sounds like you got a bad power supply kodan. If everything seems to have been fried by your computer, I would suspect this first.

Personally, I would beware. I have heard a lot of people are getting inferior parts (and some better parts) than what they have ordered. Some companies try to skimp you in areas you may not check once you receive the computer. Make sure you double check ALL of the parts you receive to make sure you got what you ordered.

As I tell everyone else. You can probably build a better computer for less money by yourself, you just have to have faith in your own work, and realize it is not as hard as you may think. Newegg is awesome, and if you get a bad part they will send you a new one!

As I tell everyone else. You can probably build a better computer for less money by yourself, you just have to have faith in your own work, and realize it is not as hard as you may think. Newegg is awesome, and if you get a bad part they will send you a new one!

Faith is nice....but if you build your own rig you better also have the patience, time, and finances. I have a buddy that decided to build his own high end, top of the line rig and it has been an absolute nightmare. For all the time and energy he has put into this project all he currently has to show for it is one big paperweight and a considerably lighter wallet.

I'm not saying what happened to my buddy will happen to everyone. But I think anyone considering building their own rig better take the time to make a realistic and honest assessment of their own abilities. Not everyone has what it takes to build their own rig. Those of you who do have that ability are very fortunate.

Faith is nice....but if you build your own rig you better also have the patience, time, and finances. I have a buddy that decided to build his own high end, top of the line rig and it has been an absolute nightmare. For all the time and energy he has put into this project all he currently has to show for it is one big paperweight and a considerably lighter wallet.

I'm not saying what happened to my buddy will happen to everyone. But I think anyone considering building their own rig better take the time to make a realistic and honest assessment of their own abilities. Not everyone has what it takes to build their own rig. Those of you who do have that ability are very fortunate.

I guess building PC's isn't for everyone but if you read, its not that bad. I think its easier than painting or putting in flooring, but of course I am a software developer and spend most of my days in front of a computer so I guess it shouldn't be to hard for me otherwise I'd be a real idiot!:p

Don't know what you buddy did or his level of experience, but he shouldn't just have a paperweight. He should have at least the option of returning or exchanging parts if there are hardware issues.

All you have to do is take the time to get the right parts, and get them from a trusted supplier like Newegg. That way if you get a DOA part you can get a replacement for no extra charge.

My first build was a breeze, and I am sitting happy with my quad core bit of awesomeness. I used a few parts from my old computer, and only spent $600.

Back