My new Aquacomputer setup (The Fidelity Box)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
i get the job done. after seeing the ridiculous ammounts of money this kid spent on this rig and then making his PSU modular...i thought it would look like the best rig ive ever seen. but it looks sorta overdone, overlit and over-hyped.

it's a shame I know...but what are you gonna do. It'd be nice if i could be present for the building of every new system here at [H] (think...Jurassic Park) but that's unfortunately not the case. As long as the buyer is happy I guess that's all that matters, but it's kinda funny how judgemental I've seen the [H] community get over the last few years...nice to see that we're not letting anything slide these days. :)

cornelious0_0 said:
it's a shame I know...but what are you gonna do. It'd be nice if i could be present for the building of every new system here at [H] (think...Jurassic Park) but that's unfortunately not the case. As long as the buyer is happy I guess that's all that matters, but it's kinda funny how judgemental I've seen the [H] community get over the last few years...nice to see that we're not letting anything slide these days. :)

agreed. i like my systems clean, fast and semi-quiet. i agree that you should be present for every build...the world of computing would be a much cleaner place (pun intended :)) i am a blunt person. i call em like i see em. its good to see you back in the OCing world though...hopefully that 560es your getting from BB will keep you nice and happy.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
agreed. i like my systems clean, fast and semi-quiet. i agree that you should be present for every build...the world of computing would be a much cleaner place (pun intended :)) i am a blunt person. i call em like i see em. its good to see you back in the OCing world though...hopefully that 560es your getting from BB will keep you nice and happy.

Thx man...it's stuff like that that keeps me happy. :)

I'm hopeful that that 560es keeps me happy, hopefully my first endeavor with phase change will also keep me hooked for another couple years. I try to "call 'em like I see 'em"...but with a little more grace, and I usually end up missing some things.

This is getting a little off topic...buy ah well, until there's a reply on one of our comments I'm perfectly fine chattin'...honestly...not ALL of my 11,701 posts have been completely meaningfull. :D

cornelious0_0 said:
Thx man...it's stuff like that that keeps me happy. :)

I'm hopeful that that 560es keeps me happy, hopefully my first endeavor with phase change will also keep me hooked for another couple years. I try to "call 'em like I see 'em"...but with a little more grace, and I usually end up missing some things.

This is getting a little off topic...buy ah well, until there's a reply on one of our comments I'm perfectly fine chattin'...honestly...not ALL of my 11,701 posts have been completely meaningfull. :D

i can defiantely agree with you...i bet only like 10% or 20% of my 2000 posts have been meaningful, like truely meaningful, but what are ya gonna do about it?

i like chatting too. keeps the thread moving...gets it more attention and more ideas.

i really need phase myself...it would be super benificial for my LDBHE. the lower the temps go, the lower vcore is needed for stability. its kinda weird...like a as temps go up, more vcore is needed, but more vcore = higher temps.

the old owner got 2.7ghz with 1.6v. that was on air with loads in the 50's. when i put it on water, i got 2.75ghz with 1.488v and 2.85ghz with 1.536v. loads are in the low 30's. maybe i can get like 3.2ghz stable with loads in the -40's :) .

also...grace isnt my subject. if im not feeling what your doing...ill tell you straight up. just my way though. ;)

me likes.....

hey corn...when r u getting the hardware?

Do you have PCIe at the current moment?

Pkirk618 said:
me likes.....

hey corn...when r u getting the hardware?

Do you have PCIe at the current moment?

Should be getting the hardware soon.

I don't have a PCI-E setup atm...why do you ask?

thewhiteguy said:
MOSFET and HDD blocks are funny, AquaComputer laughs all the way to the bank when people buy them (or any of their products for that matter).

Seriously, what is your problem? :confused:

Very nice case. Just ditch those fanguards! They do nothing but add noise and decrease airflow. (Although I hear chrome increases clockspeed exponentially)

thewhiteguy said:
It's the truth.

Those are the kinds of comments that are really gonna get you in trouble around here bro...especially when there are enough people dedicated to backing up almost any product that you're gonna have SOMEone jumping down your throat about almost anything...just something to consider if you don't wanna have people going to the mods about one thing or another.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
you coulda gotten a Universal GPU block, maze4-esque, that mounts on every VGA card out there. sorta wasteful to watercool your Hard drives, which dont need it at all, and leave your GPU to suffer from hot air.. internal rad and better/no grills woulda looked nicer, but i suppose it gets the job done. also, why to Ehiem 1048's? why not just get one D5 and stretch the 3/8th tubing over the 1/2in barb?

also...wire management could use some work. sorta messy.

Well, I decided not to watercool my GPU for a few reasons. First off because I change graphics cards way too often, and one block may not be compatible with them all. I am however getting the GPU an NV Silencer 5, which should do a bit better than the stock cooling.

Second, I GET THE DAMN INTERNAL RAD WOULD HAVE LOOKED BETTER. IT DOES NOT FIT IN MY SETUP.

Plus I can always take my grills off :D I like them though, its all personal preference.

I went with those pumps because they work in unison with the Aquaero, telling me everything I need to know and making the whole setup very simple and clean.

Next, I didnt go with a higher flow pump because aquacomputer blocks are MEANT to work with a lower flow pump.

And finally yes, my wires are a tad messy, but I can always clean them up, and ive seen much worse :)

Any other questions?

J-M-E said:
Well, I decided not to watercool my GPU for a few reasons. First off because I change graphics cards way too often, and one block may not be compatible with them all. I am however getting the GPU an NV Silencer 5, which should do a bit better than the stock cooling.

Second, I GET THE DAMN INTERNAL RAD WOULD HAVE LOOKED BETTER. IT DOES NOT FIT IN MY SETUP.

Plus I can always take my grills off :D I like them though, its all personal preference.

I went with those pumps because they work in unison with the Aquaero, telling me everything I need to know and making the whole setup very simple and clean.

Next, I didnt go with a higher flow pump because aquacomputer blocks are MEANT to work with a lower flow pump.

And finally yes, my wires are a tad messy, but I can always clean them up, and ive seen much worse :)

Any other questions?

a higher flow pump will net MUCH better results then a low flow pump...especially if you have a Cuplex Pro or XT block. its been proven by the guys at System Cooling.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
a higher flow pump will net MUCH better results then a low flow pump...especially if you have a Cuplex Pro or XT block. its been proven by the guys at System Cooling.

Can you define "MUCH BETTER" and give me a link?

And we will just see about overhyped when I get my side panels :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Those are the kinds of comments that are really gonna get you in trouble around here bro...especially when there are enough people dedicated to backing up almost any product that you're gonna have SOMEone jumping down your throat about almost anything...just something to consider if you don't wanna have people going to the mods about one thing or another.
I want them to find me a single test, article, review or whatever that says watercooling a harddrive is in any way beneficial to performance. Same with MOSFETS, they might be able to find one of those in a case where someone is running a Prescot at 4.5GHz, but in that case you'd be using high end gear not AquaComputer.

J-M-E said:

Systemcooling did a review of a AquaComputer setup which didn't end up being very popular with the local AquaComputer worshippers, and based on the data the Cuplex XT would do a whole lot better with more flow.

thewhiteguy said:
I want them to find me a single test, article, review or whatever that says watercooling a harddrive is in any way beneficial to performance. Same with MOSFETS, they might be able to find one of those in a case where someone is running a Prescot at 4.5GHz, but in that case you'd be using high end gear not AquaComputer.

Ok now you are just straight up bashing AC for no reason at all.

Can we get this guy out of here?

J-M-E said:

image14big.gif

yay for PQ charts! it does a good deal better when not being restricted by poor old 1048's.

Thanks all for the comments.

I'm not sure why every thread that has a slight trace of Aquacomputer in it has to turn into a full on arguement about how much AC sucks or whatever...guess thats just how it has to be.

J-M-E said:
Thanks all for the comments.

I'm not sure why every thread that has a slight trace of Aquacomputer in it has to turn into a full on arguement about how much AC sucks or whatever...guess thats just how it has to be.

until they make a low flow section and high flow section...itll always be like this. ATI and Nvidia have there own sections...why cant we?

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
until they make a low flow section and high flow section...itll always be like this. ATI and Nvidia have there own sections...why cant we?

Dunno...I do agree it'd probly help a little...but there're people that you can tell should be in the Nvidia section that still cross over to bash one thing or another...so I dunno how much it'd actually do.

cornelious0_0 said:
Dunno...I do agree it'd probly help a little...but there're people that you can tell should be in the Nvidia section that still cross over to bash one thing or another...so I dunno how much it'd actually do.

yea...but thats only in times of conflict. for the most part they keep on their sides. i think if they make it...itll be a merit based thing.

Actually CCU, it seems to be that you are always involved in these discussions.

Maybe its because you cant accpet the fact that there is something other than extremely high flow 1/2" ID tubing systems that can provide good performance.

J-M-E said:
Maybe its because you cant accpet the fact that there is something other than extremely high flow 1/2" ID tubing systems that can provide good performance.
If it was the same price nobody would be bashing AquaComputer. However it costs far more, so there's an expectation for some added performance.

J-M-E said:

i am involved in them. and i dont care. ill keep being involved with em. until AC can put out a sub 150 dollra loop that out-does mine, then ill give em respect. until then, ill give my opinion on how they are overpriced and underperforming.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
i am involved in them. and i dont care. ill keep being involved with em. until AC can put out a sub 150 dollra loop that out-does mine, then ill give em respect. until then, ill give my opinion on how they are overpriced and underperforming.

Give your opinion in a way that abides by the [H] rules.
This goes for you,
thewhiteguy,
and TopNurse

Off-topic or un-civil posts will not be tolerated.

[H]RulesABIDExORxBAN

thewhiteguy said:
If it was the same price nobody would be bashing AquaComputer. However it costs far more, so there's an expectation for some added performance.

I'm no watercooling guru, but maybe the price difference comes from metal filings found in cheapass blocks (Swiftech Apogee) and reservoirs being machined out of solid aluminum blocks. Why do people give a crap about 2C differences in load temps, I see watercooling as a mean of effectively cooling a PC with a minimal number of fans, even if others have views that sharply contrast with mine.

n00btard said:
I see watercooling as a mean of effectively cooling a PC with a minimal number of fans
All the more reason not to choose AquaComputer. Their blocks aren't as efficient, and their radiators are thinner than a heatercore, so you need more air movement (and therefore noise) to get the same results. Plus there is the added expense.

thewhiteguy said:
All the more reason not to choose AquaComputer. Their blocks aren't as efficient, and their radiators are thinner than a heatercore, so you need more air movement (and therefore noise) to get the same results. Plus there is the added expense.

I can't really post a rebuttal to your statement because I don't have the money to buy a WC setup yet ($200 more to a weird-ass Innovatek/Aqua Computer setup!), but I doubt your saying is based more on solid testing than your biased anti-Aqua Computer, consumer-whorish views. !!!!!!.

thewhiteguy said:

Aren't as effective? it ranks above everything but the mp-05 and storm.

Radiators thinner? We know they're crap already. Not to mention, you do get better performance with the BIP than a BIX, if you use low-cfm fans. The Xtreme is only relaly good if you use 100+ cfm fans, defeating the purpose.

Added expense? It's not much pricier than a conventional big-bore setup. There's more options (mosfet blocks a plenty, blocks for anything and everything). It's more expensive, but not OMFG QUADRUPLE or anything

Bbq said:
Aren't as effective? it ranks above everything but the mp-05 and storm.
But based on its pressure drop you can see that all but the worst pumps will lead to many blocks (including old ones like the RBX and TDX) beating it. See the thread where the review was posted for my posts about this.

J-M-E said:

QFT... this could be said for many of the "it can't perform" crowd on this forum. Maybe it is a if you can't afford it, bash it mentality.

R1ckCa1n said:
QFT... this could be said for many of the "it can't perform" crowd on this forum. Maybe it is a if you can't afford it, bash it mentality.
And the mods yell at me :rolleyes:

thewhiteguy said:
And the mods yell at me :rolleyes:

I'm yelling at all of you, now including R1ckCa1n and n00btard.

J-M-E, since you yourself got involved in AC debate, please restate the topic of this thread; all off-topic posts will be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back