My new addiction

Does no one else hate this game?! Allow me to voice my issues, of which there are three.

Firstly, this game is perfectly simple, the ball/backboard/rim physics seem quite good and there are no unnecessary graphical embellishments, leading to quick loading.

Secondly, the ability to play against many other people (not to mention groups) speaks directly to my competitive nature. This is something I feel is instinctive, and I don't appreciate a game manipulating me in this fashion.

Tertiary, perhaps most alarmingly, this game loads on my work computer, the horror!

These things combine to form direct opposition to my goal to make my employers believe I am an asset to the company. My productivity has seen a sharp decline which I blame entirely on the OP for finding this game. Adding insult to injury, my addiction to this game makes me feel like less than the adult my age suggests I should be. I am outraged, now back to the game... er, work, yea, back to work.

And I make my triumphant return to the forums!

My friend ElNegro and I tried this Bball game a bit... looks like we're decent according to that [H] group stats. (I scored 213, and I've done 225+ on Global = top 10).

I think the guys above 300 are cheating. It's not a trivial task, but there are a few ways to overlay either a mirror or full trajectory over the flash window.

Meh I have to give out my email address, then download and install a .exe. I'll pass. Sounded interesting though.

You don't need to provide an e-mail or download anything... I'm not sure what site you're visiting, but perhaps you have a spyware problem?

I think the guys above 300 are cheating. It's not a trivial task, but there are a few ways to overlay either a mirror or full trajectory over the flash window.
A mirror doesn't actually work because it's not quite symmetrical. You should notice the up arm of the trajectory is a lot straighter than the down arm, which is a lot more parabolic.

A mirror doesn't actually work because it's not quite symmetrical. You should notice the up arm of the trajectory is a lot straighter than the down arm, which is a lot more parabolic.

Hmm... but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA1Q90tGJZU - would you call this a mirror? He does mention a parabolic equation, perhaps one based on gravity....

I'll have to put in another game of Bball to look at the curve again. You'd think that after 50 games or whatever, I'd have it all figured out.

You don't need to provide an e-mail or download anything... I'm not sure what site you're visiting, but perhaps you have a spyware problem?

Lol I was browsing multiple forum topics at once. I must have clicked a different link then posted about it in this thread. Idiot moment! haha

This game is pretty fun.

-Unfortunately for me the shot doesn't count if it bounces off the ground before it goes in! haha

Yep, first two games were fun, 'til I realized the exact nature of the game...

I think I still made it to the 89% mark on my 2nd game without cheating, though, with almost 900 players playing...

So not everyone's cheating...

Yeah that's why I only play with groups of friends.

We use the "honor code" :)

I play this almost every night for the past week! Love it, excellent time killer. Best I got was 11/754.

Back