• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My new 6800gt!!!

morpheon

n00b
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
24
Hey I am new here but been a reader for years so Hello to the old and new!!

Ok...

Got the KICK ASS pny 6800gt today...Was an Ati fanboy but then I wised up...

the thing is though

My GT is only getting about 103XXK on 3dmark03.. . ..I have a X800pro here that gets 114XXK!!!!

Both are overclocked of course...the GT is at 424/1180

My system is a water TEC cooled (not vid card yet...still trying to choose which i want to keep) AMD 2500+ XP-M @ 2.59Ghz Mushkin Special 222 3200 Dual Channel 512 (2*256) kit.....

I have seen people with a much lower clocked AMD getting atleast 12K...so that is my goal...I have tried both 61.45 and 61.72(the brandnew ones) both to no avail....Yes, all settings in control panel are turned off...and default settings on 3dmark03....

SO what is going on..

While I wait for your input, I am going to run drivercleaner and remove all ati and nvidia drivers and try to install clean

I am going to keep the 6800gt based on the DOOM3 benches that were released today but man...why cant i get 12K with my 6800gt

Thanks for any and all help!
( I posted here and the nvidia flavor room because I am soo excited to get this thing working)
Morpheon
 
Is your system completely stable? I've had systems that would overclock, load windows, and run benchmarks, but they'd run them about half as fast as they should, since I was just on the edge of stability. To get more reasonable performance I had to back off the OC a bit. Something to think about, but probably not the answer.
 
Sorry I edited on you, had another thought after I posted before :D
 
Well also check and make sure all your AA and AF is turned off.. Ive gotten pissed at scores and even though i knew to turn them off.. low and behold it was on.. just do a double check
 
Oh man I am not a noob :D ...I have already double checked and rechecked....WTF is going on!!!!! 10K overclocked ugh! ....ok well back to trying things out...Please help if you guys have ideas
 
morpheon said:
Was an Ati fanboy but then I wised up...

After reading the rest of your post it seems you are right, you are not a fanboy

just a bandwagoner
 
ummm I hope that was a complement...I just go with whom ever has a higher performing card...

NOW I am getting BSODs!!!! nv_disp....omg this is soo lame

maybe my card is just broke
 
morpheon said:
ummm I hope that was a complement...I just go with whom ever has a higher performing card...

NOW I am getting BSODs!!!! nv_disp....omg this is soo lame

maybe my card is just broke

Are you sure your card isn't clock throttling? That would actually make your card get a lower score instead of a higher one. Try setting your GT to 400/1100 and try 3dmark again.
 
Back
Top