My new 24" LCD is about to arrive and i'd like to test it out =]

Hello everyone,

This is my first post at HardForum so i hope i'm posting this question in the correct area. Earlier this week i ordered a new 24" LCD screen with a resolution of 1920x1280, which i believe is 16:10 aspect ratio?

Anyways i'm wondering where i can download some 1920x1280 HD video footage for testing on my new screen. I downloaded some 1080p video from the Microsoft HD video showcase but the resolution on those videos is 1440x1080... So i guess i'm looking for 1280i or 1280p HD video? I don't know the difference between the i and the p so i guess i'll have to google that one.

Also, does anyone know where i can find wallpapers for this size screen?

One day i hope to own one of those 30" Apple Cinema Displays :) But they are so expensive... i picked up my 24" LCD for $300AU new.

Thanks for your time!

Regards, DrunkenSensei91

Hi,

Sorry! Yes i meant 1920x1200. That is the Microsoft HD showcase i was talking about in my first post which only has 1440x1080 videos at best. I'm trying to find some HD which is native for my 1920x1200 resolution screen so i can watch a short clip without the video being stretched to fit. I know it wouldn't be stretched much but i'd still like to see my new screen in all of it's beauty :)

Thanks for the speedy response!

Regards, DrunkenSensei91

You can find some sick wallpapers on Digitalblasphemy.com, although there's only a small portion of his collection available for free. Personally, I bought a lifetime sub to his site, and I love it :D

Haha yeah i've come across that site before when i wanted the glowing mushrooms wallpaper, thanks for reminding me of that one :) I guess i'll pay for liftime sub too... so i can get the animated glowing version of that wall :D

So that just leaves the 1920x1200 HD video... where can i find some? :)

Thanks guys!

Regards, DrunkSensei91

1920x1200 movies are difficult to find, since thats a 16:10 aspect ratio, the 1080p standard uses an 16:9 ratio or an 1920x1080 resolution.

16:9 is also referred als 1.78 OAR (original aspect ratio), this is a compromise made long time ago , all tv-series / shows are recorded with this aspect ratio, so it will be full screen on wide screen tv's , not on most monitors, they will still have a small black border.

now with movies you have some times the 1,78 or 2.35 OAR (there are other variations like 2.39, 1,85 (old U.S. Wide screen format, 1.66 ( european WS format) )

2.35 OAR is what you see , when the screen is filled in the Cinema .
so when you watch a movie like that , you will have black borders on top and bottom of the screen.

I will still be a great picture though :)

for trailers I would recommend http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk or quickime.com

Back