My MurderMod experience

make sure the inverter supports dimming, most do not

Thanks for the heads up but these are led's, and I already have a potentiometer that I've found to work quite well with it. I just need to find one in the right form factor to blend in well.

Definitely awesome, I am thinking about ordering a back plate, mid plate, and sleeving kit. I will report back when I get it all together.

Checked this thread again: Deserves another congrats.

Seriously gorgeous!

That is a really slick looking case. I plan on doing some modification to my case somewhat along those lines to see what I can come up with. I will be buying the Psychopack sleeving kit in the next couple weeks. I already have some lengths of PSU cables ready to sleeve I just need to open the wallet... lol.

One question though. Molex pins are very easy to remove, however the PCI-e and ATX proved to be somewhat troublesome, did you try the tool that they offer or did you use some other means?

Thanks for all the great comments guys, I really do appreciate it.

I've used a lot of different tools to remove the atx and pci-e cables but the best one I have found is the Deluxe model that MurderMods is now selling. You wouldn't think there would be much difference between tools but the slightest differences make a profound effect. It will save you time and pain, trust me. You will easily be able to sleeve your cables with the kit and the deluxe tool, and I bet you'll have some fun while you're at it. Enjoy

Yeah I was thinking about just getting the Deluxe tool. I have another ATX pin remover but it isn't working at all.

Worth a shot I suppose.

Thanks

I used MurderMods sleeving kit for my new rig and was highly impressed with their stuff. I'll have to get some pics loaded on the site of my new rig

Blue Aqua,

Like others have said...beautiful job and excellent attention to detail.

Absolutely love the way you set up the tubing. I've done this in the past using 7/16" tubing on 1/2" fittings with no clamps. On my new build I was just going to go with 3/8" and compression fittings, but I like the way you did this enough to change my mind. I read in your thread over at XS you used 3/8" tubing, but I didn't see mention of the fittings size you're using?

Best,

Liquid Cool

Blue Aqua,

Like others have said...beautiful job and excellent attention to detail.

Absolutely love the way you set up the tubing. I've done this in the past using 7/16" tubing on 1/2" fittings with no clamps. On my new build I was just going to go with 3/8" and compression fittings, but I like the way you did this enough to change my mind. I read in your thread over at XS you used 3/8" tubing, but I didn't see mention of the fittings size you're using?

Best,

Liquid Cool

Thanks Liquid Cool.

I used DD-TFC 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Tubing with BP 1/2 ID Shiny barbs. It really fits like a glove but it's a bitch to get on. A little practice and some hot hands will take care of that though.

No it is just an ATX case with the motherboard on "the wrong side", so to speak.

Thanks for the reply BA. After staring at your pics for a few days, I'm completely sold. Very clean look. I was over at Sidewinder's and Petra's checking out BP's fittings. Is there a fitting they don't make? Gheesh...they've got about every type of fitting a person could dream up. Nice quality stuff too...

Again, have fun with that great lookin' rig.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Awesome case design. Most likely a pure H20 configuration as aircool is quite limited and limited even more by the closed off vents.

That's pretty nice.
Wickedly expensive, but nice.

I like the white tubing and the black box.:D

Holy moose knuckle Batman! Nice case, but 900 bones? Wow. Sweet as shit though.

I forgot to post in here until now. I cannot see myself ever spending $900 on a case, but if you're going to then that would be my pick. I LOVE the individual sleeving on the 24-pin connector and I definitely agree that that should be shown off instead of hidden away in your particular case.

TLDR: NICE!

I'm about to have my first murdermod experience. I ordered the entire sleeving kit. Very pricey, at about $90 for the whole thing shipped and all, but if it as good as it is supposed to be, I'll just call it money well spent. Plus you get a ton of sleeving so I should be all set.

Thanks for the compliments fellas.

mrmylanman, you won't be sorry. For that amount I assume you got the good "deluxe" pin remover too so that will save you some time and heartache. You'll put a lot of value in having a good tool to do the job right. A lot of the other ones create a lot more frustration and the Molex brand tool just works with ease.

The sleeving is the perfect size for our application, but not only that, the heatshrink you get with it is thin enough that it will allow you to slide it into the connectors.

I've tried lots of various sleeving and heat shink only to be disappointed that it didn't fit my needs and I was out a lot more money to various sources. The murderMod kit is the first fully featured highest quality kit without any compromises. If that's something that is important to you then you really can't go wrong with it.

Please post your experience if you can.

Yeah, forgot to mention, after I saw your sleeving pics, I ordered myself the smaller of the 2 sleeving packs for my current build. Can't wait!

That's cool I was going to ask if I could fit the heatshrink inside the connectors easily. I would definitely want to do that, so as to minimize random colors inside my case.

Thanks for the tip on that.

Yeah I can't wait for it.

Back