• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My mouse just died, need replacement

Fryguy8

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2001
Messages
1,707
Well, my 4 year old Logitech finally bit the dust. Left clicking started being somewhat intermittent, and randomly double clicking and stuff. It was one of the blue 2x optical mice (one of the first opticals on the market).

I'm looking for a gaming mouse, I prefer logitech, and would prefer more than 3+scroll (5 maybe?)

mx510 or ? I REALLY want a LIGHTWEIGHT mouse, I dont' want to be swinging batteries around with my wrist. If anyone knows the 2x optical blue mice, you'll know the lightweight that I'm talking about
 
I went from an IntelliMouse 3.0A to a MX510 no complaints.

Its a nice mouse, I would not hesitate to buy it if you like the feel
 
my MX500 was pretty light. I love my new MX1000, but is probably too darn heavy for you
 
if you want lightweight then get a Razer Diamondback. The 510 is pretty heavy, though it is a very good mouse. If you can amazingly find an MS 3.0(best mouse ever made) then pick it up cause they're nice and light and track perfectly.

But overall, get a diamondback, they're light, comfortable, extremely accurate and look nice to boot. If not that, get a 510 :)
 
FunkStar said:
if you want lightweight then get a Razer Diamondback. The 510 is pretty heavy, though it is a very good mouse. If you can amazingly find an MS 3.0(best mouse ever made) then pick it up cause they're nice and light and track perfectly.

But overall, get a diamondback, they're light, comfortable, extremely accurate and look nice to boot. If not that, get a 510 :)

That's because in my honest opinion, the Razer Diamondback is cheaply made. They are light, but the ergonomics leave much to be desired. If you ever drop it I think it's done. Whereas I've dropped many a Logitech mouse and they are never worse for wear.

The MX510 is a solid choice. I prefer the ergonomics of the MX1000 over the older 500/700/900 designs, but they don't yet make any other mice with that bodystyle. And it is heavier. I prefer a heavy mouse, but since you do not the 510 would be the obvious choice if you want that many buttons. The plain Logitech 2 button Optical Wheel mouse is much lighter than even the MX510. The 510 has about a medium weight to it I'd say. Where the cordless models like the MX700/099 and MX1000 are heavy mice.

That's my $0.02.
 
FunkStar said:
if you want lightweight then get a Razer Diamondback. The 510 is pretty heavy, though it is a very good mouse. If you can amazingly find an MS 3.0(best mouse ever made) then pick it up cause they're nice and light and track perfectly.

I loved my 3.0A I wish I would have bought more. Too bad mine crapped out on me
 
Yep, after (in anger) I broke the left click on my 3.0, I had to go to e-bay to get a new one, found a great deal, so it's worth checking around for em, they're still out there!
 
waddles said:
Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical

No longer in production, but the best mouse I've ever used by far.

Oh for the love of god and all that is holy, avoid this mouse like the plague.

Has the worst tracking and accuracy of any optical mouse ive ever used, including 1st gen MS explorer. The two optic sesnors don't add accuracy, they just act as redundency. This might sound good but when one sensor is crap in the first place, having a second one agree with its crap decisions doesnt really get it anywhere.

In response the the diamondback thingy, i'd hardly call them poorly made. Razer mice have always been just as good quality as the rest of them.

But once again, try get a 3.0a MS explorer, better than any MX mouse ever made.
 
logitech mx laser i havent had any gripes, switched from the microsoft intilliexplorer 4 or maybe 2.0? whatever the most recent one was, this one is the best mouse out imo
 
If I didn't need the 5 buttons (IE, a lighter, better feeling mouse is more important than those buttons), which is the mouse to go with?

Does the MX engine really make a difference? or should I just get one of those $15 logitech mice that has the look/feel that I want and not worry about it?
 
I've got an old dog M$ Intellemouse 1.0a (please contain the snickers)......

Funny thing....with some tef tape and a mouse pad, the thing just rocks. Tracking is predictable, it's lightweight, and it's been "solid as Sears". One of those "if it ain't broke, don't mess with it" kinda things. But - the M$ meece aren't bad at all......IMHO.

Regards - B.B.S.
 
I like the origional M$ intili mouse
it was pretty light
and it worked pretty good on any surface i tried using it on

my fav mouse is a 3 button ball mouse i picked up for $75 back in 89.....
it still works and the tracking acuracy and sensativity is greater than on the boom slang

every ones preferences on a mouse are different
the best thing to do is just go into the store and play with them
 
I use the MX700 and found it to be my favorite mouse between all the ones ive used in the past (Razers, MS Intellimouses (mice?)) The left, right, and mousewheel buttons are all comfortable as is the two buttons on the left side. The three buttons above and below the wheel take some time to get aqquainted with as they arent too big and are in a fairly unusual spot, really. Still, I belong to the camp that believes you can never have too many buttons on a gaming mouse, and given that Logitech allows the whole thing to be configured as you see fit I find it to be a really good mouse for just about anything.
 
I've used pretty much the whole Logitech and the Intellimouse families. I find that the MX engine is indeed the better of the two. The MX1000 lasermouse is heavy, but it works on surfaces that the opticals don't work on. The previous MX500/MX510 series is damn good for corded mice and have a more comfortable feel than the Microsoft mice in my opinion. Plus they are a little lighter I think.
 
Back
Top