My monitor its SHAKING~!

Whenever the AC turns on or the washing machine starts up the picture from my monitor starts to shake. I imagine its b/c of some kind of interference but is there anything I can do? Maybe buy a monitor cable that is better shielded? Or is it the monitor itself that has the problem. BTW my monitor is a 19inch Samsung and was top of the line around 2 years ago so I doubt it has shielding problems... :mad:

Dirty1talian said:
Whenever the AC turns on or the washing machine starts up the picture from my monitor starts to shake. I imagine its b/c of some kind of interference but is there anything I can do? Maybe buy a monitor cable that is better shielded? Or is it the monitor itself that has the problem. BTW my monitor is a 19inch Samsung and was top of the line around 2 years ago so I doubt it has shielding problems... :mad:

I have been dancing that dance for about two years now. Best bet is to have an electrician come in and put in a specially grounded outlet.

Otherwise you will probably just tear your hair out.

Is your monitor on the same power circuit as your AC/Washing machine by any chance? A new cable wont do anything, but a power conditioner probably will.

I imagine it is b/c my room is right by the AC unit and the washing machine and I bet the outlet that I plug my computer into is on the same circuit as those two devices. Why is it shaking my monitor?

just get a extension cord and plug it into another outlet

What is your refresh rate?? try messing around with it and see if that helps any...

If you put any electrical motor near a CRT monitor it will shake. It's in the motors magnetic field.

i have my monitor about 2 feet away from an air conditioner...been that way for almost a year and now and STILL no problems...so i dont think its the air conditioner....

Are you sure the monitor isn't just going bad?

And it's most likely not a problem with where you have it plugged in, large electric devices will have large magnetic fields which can interfere with electrons firing from the electron gun in your CRT...

Dirty1talian said:
WHOA! i have an electron gun in my monitor?... hmm.. is it better than the BFG?? :confused:

Do you know how a CRT works? It fires electrons at the inside of you phosphor coated screen...those electrons make the phosphors glow...then you use a magnetic field to direct the beam of electrons back and forth across the screen in lines...thus creating a picture...

So if another magnetic field interferes with the one being used to direct the electrons, you get a shaky picture...or on some tvs wierd color blotches...

^eMpTy^ said:
Do you know how a CRT works? It fires electrons at the inside of you phosphor coated screen...those electrons make the phosphors glow...then you use a magnetic field to direct the beam of electrons back and forth across the screen in lines...thus creating a picture...

So if another magnetic field interferes with the one being used to direct the electrons, you get a shaky picture...or on some tvs wierd color blotches...

I guess you missed the joke.... maybe if i say BFG9000 (or whatever it was called in doom)

Dirty1talian said:
I guess you missed the joke.... maybe if i say BFG9000 (or whatever it was called in doom)

Considering the electron gun in your CRT is real and the BFG9000 is not...I would have to say the one in your CRT is better...

^eMpTy^ said:
Considering the electron gun in your CRT is real and the BFG9000 is not...I would have to say the one in your CRT is better...
Yeah, shoot it at someone for 50 or so years and they might get cancer or radiation poisoning. :D

Dirty1talian said:
WHOA! i have an electron gun in my monitor?... hmm.. is it better than the BFG?? :confused:

Sry man, this is instant sig material... too bad i didnt see it sooner, lol.

lighten up empty :p

Dirty1talian said:
saturnine2 said:
Yeah, shoot it at someone for 50 or so years and they might get cancer or radiation poisoning. :D

hehehehehehehe

Back