• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My mom is having a problem with bootup.

Kuros

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 30, 2003
Messages
1,708
What happens is that it starts to boot up like normal, the one beep and everything, but it stays at the first boot screen, where you see the CPU speed. Also, the keyboard doesn't respond at all, so I can't get into the BIOS.

I have no clue what's wrong, anyone know?
 
ohnnyj said:
Do you have the keyboard plugged into the correct PS2 port?

Yea, of course. :D

Edit: Now it's not even getting to the initial screen. I think it's the CPU, because I am getting power to the parts.
 
Do you have any spare parts to test? It may be a number of things actually including the memory, power supply, or the cpu as you said. Check each one in succession.
 
ohnnyj said:
Do you have any spare parts to test? It may be a number of things actually including the memory, power supply, or the cpu as you said. Check each one in succession.

Wasn't the memory, I guess it's the CPU.
 
Back
Top