My Modem on My Desktop

Sofakinguseless

Weaksauce
i just reinstalled my OS which is XP Pro on my desktop. everything is good, everything is great, but it dosent even list a Modem at all. it has my Ethernet Modem in there but it cant find my Dial up modem and im not sure what kind it is. any ideas?!?!

Is it a built in modem on your motherboard, internal PCI or external serial (external modems, how I miss thee).

Erik

welp, take a look inside your case so you can see where your phone cord is plugging in. If it's plugging into a card (which is probably perpendicular from the motherboard), which is connected to the motherboard on a (usually) white PCI slot or (usually) brown AMR slot, it's not built in.

If the phone jack just seems to be part of the motherboard and not connected to a slot, it's built in.

If it's built in, what you need to do is get drivers for it from your motherboard manufacturer's website, so you'll need to know what model motehrboard you have.

If it's not built in, you can take it out and have a look at the modem, and probably get an idea that way :).

Erik

Back