My Mobile Barton Rules!

Originally posted by PruBowl300
My AQYHA stepping 2600+ will run 2.5 at 1.7V. I am using the Thermaltake SubZero4G. My max temp underload hit 125F/52C. That was running 3DMark01 and 03 back to back. I really like this CPU.

hm, thast the stepping I have, I should try for that...

Originally posted by PruBowl300
My AQYHA stepping 2600+ will run 2.5 at 1.7V. I am using the Thermaltake SubZero4G. My max temp underload hit 125F/52C. That was running 3DMark01 and 03 back to back. I really like this CPU.
same chip i have and same results, 200x12.5=2500MHz at 1.7v (1.65v true because of undervolt).

stepping...

AXMG2600FQQ4C Y881101K3010S

AQYHA 0346XPMW

The easy steps are over now I gotta fine tune, memory is starting to give and I am having to apply voltage to RAM )-; Sitting at 2475 (12.5 x 199) Voltage at 2.7 on RAM... Gonna have to order some new RAM and start over. CPU running at 41C right now with 1.725V applied...I know it will do better I can feel it in my bones (-:

Originally posted by mi1stormilst
The easy steps are over now I gotta fine tune, memory is starting to give and I am having to apply voltage to RAM )-; Sitting at 2475 (12.5 x 199) Voltage at 2.7 on RAM... Gonna have to order some new RAM and start over. CPU running at 41C right now with 1.725V applied...I know it will do better I can feel it in my bones (-:

My RAM is also starting to throw fits. It won't do 215 fsb anymore... Gonna have to lower it. :(

The reason some people are having problems hitting high fsbs with their mobile chips is that they havent done the L12 mode which will switch the default fsb from 133 to 166 or 200mhz

Head over to the amdmb forums, this will help

mine is 2400mhz at 218fsb 1.7V and can go much higher...also their is a known issue with the abit nf7-s not liking high fsb above 220fsb with multipliers 10 and 10.5 with cpu interface...again head over to amdmb for that also

Nice OC man, mine is coming tommorow, I'm gonna crank it to 12.5 x 200 for starters til my mushkin gets here. I cant wait.

Originally posted by c00z
...also their is a known issue with the abit nf7-s not liking high fsb above 220fsb with multipliers 10 and 10.5 with cpu interface...
Yeah thats why the DFI board is suppose to be better when OCing because they really like a high FSB.

im at 2.5 at 1.85 now and it seems to be fine, ran prime95 for like 5 minutes no probs, 3dmarked fine (but my score sucks). its enormously frustrating that i cant get the higher multis without wiretricking to 13x base, and thats a pain to do due to my watercooling (have to unhook, drain, get the block off, do the wiretrick which isnt a problem, put the block back on which makes me nearly shit my pants out of fright, and get it all back together). maybe when I put a new rad in ill deal with that.

Originally posted by kronchev
im at 2.5 at 1.85 now and it seems to be fine, ran prime95 for like 5 minutes no probs, 3dmarked fine (but my score sucks). its enormously frustrating that i cant get the higher multis without wiretricking to 13x base, and thats a pain to do due to my watercooling (have to unhook, drain, get the block off, do the wiretrick which isnt a problem, put the block back on which makes me nearly shit my pants out of fright, and get it all back together). maybe when I put a new rad in ill deal with that.
why do you have to drain to take your block off? and i had the same problem with the multipliers with the board your using. never did like that board.

Originally posted by jwill
why do you have to drain to take your block off? and i had the same problem with the multipliers with the board your using. never did like that board.

because im talking about doing a wiretrick to make it boot at 13x multi, for that I have to have access to the socket.

Same stepping as the author.
System in sig. I haven't really had time to tweak it much, just finally got it set up after having a mess of a time booting with SATA and Ghost destroying my install. Basically I got it together so I could see if my 9800 would softmod. Now I'm waiting on my Arctic Silencer to show up before I mess with it anymore.

dude, just take the block off while keeping the water in..unless u cut ur tubint really tight, it will work fine..

mine sucks! It locks up at 10 x 200 even at 1.675V (1.7 actual). It runs flawlessly at 9.5 x 200 at stock voltage. Using an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. Am I doing anything wrong?

yes, you bought asus... they are good some times, but i would deffinately reccomend a DFI infinity or abit nf7 over one... but umm, if u can do 200X9.5 with stock, and u cant do 200X10 with 1.65 somethings wrong...what kinda temps u getting?

Originally posted by boardsportsrule
dude, just take the block off while keeping the water in..unless u cut ur tubint really tight, it will work fine..

you do know theres water in the block...

plus im not doing anything until I get my dual heatercore welded up

plus im not doing anything until I get my dual heatercore welded up

yes, i have had many water setups, and you can take the block off, WITH WATER IN IT, and do stuff to cpu... i just unscrew it off the mobo...

i must be missing something. coudl you explain why you wouldnt want to take a block off with water in it?

Originally posted by boardsportsrule
yes, you bought asus... they are good some times, but i would deffinately reccomend a DFI infinity or abit nf7 over one... but umm, if u can do 200X9.5 with stock, and u cant do 200X10 with 1.65 somethings wrong...what kinda temps u getting?
The board runs fine at 200 already, and I know this thing sucks for FSB overclocking, so I'm just focusing on multiplier increases. CPU temp is max. 41 full load. The freezing occurs a few seconds after firing up 3Dmark or any game. SuperPI also returns a bunch of errors when trying to calculate over 1M. These all work flawlessly at 9.5x. Maybe it's that multiplier...could try jumping to 10.5.

Attended a LAN yesterday and played BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM, FARCRY, CALL OF DUTY for about 6 hours, never crashed once! I finally settled at 200 X 12 = 2400MHZ @ 1.65V for best stability. Best OC I have ever had from and AMD chip...and I thought my 1GHZ Thunderbird would never be beat at 1400MHZ (-:

Count them brothers...567MHZ extra for free (-:

Got mine Two days ago @2.5g 1.70 220x11.5 .Will try higher after few days of break in, these things must be putting a dent in the 3200 sales.Im i better with a high fsb and 2.5 and 2.5cas on ram or 2.6 and 200fsb and 2.0 cas?Guess ill be doing some benching.

mi1stormilst said:
I just got started OC'ing this evening here are the results so far:

12.5 x 190 = 2363MHZ (WCPUID reports as 2375MHZ)
http://mi1stormilst.com/forsale/190 X 12.5 2363.bmp

Stock voltage!!! I have not increased it one bit!

lol, stock voltage eh, try finding out how low of a voltage you can run your cpu at stock speed. I can run my xp2600m at 1.325 prime stable which is supposed to be default 1.45. These cpus really kick ass, good luck on everything.

Back