My Mobile Barton Rules!

mi1stormilst

[H]ard|Gawd
Originally posted by silentnight3985
but it wont change the running speed any?

The voltage is independant of the actual speed of the chip. You could underclock a Barton to 600 mhz, then up the Voltage to 2v, and its still going to run the same because it's still 600 mhz. :p

yes where can i get them cool ass lil LCD screens that i can program to display text on? looking for like a 1" tall 4" wide maby 5" wide one.

I also want to say sorry to the man that started this thread for me hijacking it with my questions:(

what's with the small steps? try for 2.8ghz! 1.85vcore should get you there:D

good luck!

Originally posted by rogue_jedi
what's with the small steps? try for 2.8ghz! 1.85vcore should get you there:D

good luck!

HAHA, Saftey First (-; I think I am gonna need better RAM )-:

Anyone happen to be running theirs at 400FSB yet? I'm seeing 190 and 192s but no 200. obviously you'd just take the multiplier down 1 time to move the FSB up. But are we seeing 2.4ghrz with 400fsb yet?

umm on other forums(amdforums.com) we are seeing 240+ fsb's with dfi infinities's or LPb's(thats 240X 2 so really 480)

Originally posted by ShepsCrook
Anyone happen to be running theirs at 400FSB yet? I'm seeing 190 and 192s but no 200. obviously you'd just take the multiplier down 1 time to move the FSB up. But are we seeing 2.4ghrz with 400fsb yet?

??

see my sig...

i got a friedn who ran his 2700 at 283 fsb with really relaxed timings( and 3.3 Vdimm) i got some pc3200 that hits 250fsb with 2-2-2-11 timings... if u psuh enough Vdimm tru stuff, you can overclock...runing 2700 at 3200 speed's isn't to hard...

Originally posted by mi1stormilst
How did you get your PC 2700 to run so high?

its async :(

hyperx PC2700 will run higher than 200 mhz but I dont have awesome stuff, its generic

Yeah my DFI Infinity will do a pretty high FSB, but I have GeIL memory, and there is a DFI/GeIL incompatibility, so I'm stuck at 200mhz fsb right now.

Originally posted by SidewinderX
is there any performance disadvantage between a 2500+ and a 2500+ mobile? (not oced)

nope, in fact the 2500+ will have a lot lower voltage and run cooler :D

Actually Kronchev, when both chips are not overclocked, doesn't a 2500+ Moble use a 266 mhz front side bus, while the 2500+ uses a 333 mhz derivative?

Originally posted by thecarguy
Actually Kronchev, when both chips are not overclocked, doesn't a 2500+ Moble use a 266 mhz front side bus, while the 2500+ uses a 333 mhz derivative?

DOH forgot about that

at the same FSB and multiplier however, theyre exactly the same. but yeh, stock the mobile has 266

its too bad your board mi1stormilst has a ceiling vcore of 1.75 volts. i would think about a nforce2 board from dfi, infinity or lp rev. b. keep us posted, nice clock so far. :cool:

Originally posted by jwill
its too bad your board mi1stormilst has a ceiling vcore of 1.75 volts. i would think about a nforce2 board from dfi, infinity or lp rev. b. keep us posted, nice clock so far. :cool:

er huh? A7N8X Dlx stock has 1.85, uber bios gives 1.90 or something...

Holy shit, that is really nice, I wish my chip was that cold, even though I don't have a mobile. Sitting at 46 is scary

Originally posted by mi1stormilst
I just got started OC'ing this evening here are the results so far:

12.5 x 190 = 2363MHZ (WCPUID reports as 2375MHZ)
http://mi1stormilst.com/forsale/190 X 12.5 2363.bmp

Stock voltage!!! I have not increased it one bit!

I think this is gonna be a golden chip!

Image of CPU: http://mi1stormilst.com/forsale/BartonMobile.jpg

ASUS A7N8X DLX 2.0
KINGSTON DDR 3200 512MB
SILENT BOOST

Right now sitting at 35C idle!

(-: Will keep you all posted with end results...

Originally posted by kronchev
er huh? A7N8X Dlx stock has 1.85, uber bios gives 1.90 or something...
interesting. my dads rev. 2.0 has 1.75 as the limit. and when i owned it before the increased voltage from the uber bios did nothing for me. at least it works for you. :confused:

what does it say on your bios mi1stormilst for cpu voltage limit?

i wish i had a 1.9 vcore on my rev1 asus... it tops out at 1.85 with the 1007uber bios. (can't get 2ghz out of my palomino 2100+... dagnabit)

i've gotten 1995mhz though... just not stable. need to get me a nf7-s with the 2.3vcore:D

Originally posted by jwill
interesting. my dads rev. 2.0 has 1.75 as the limit. and when i owned it before the increased voltage from the uber bios did nothing for me. at least it works for you. :confused:

what does it say on your bios mi1stormilst for cpu voltage limit?

I will check tonight but thus far it isn't really needed.

My mobile 2500+ does 2700mhz 216x12.5 1.9v I just got my bayres which was on backorder so I'm hookin up my DD system, maybe I can give it some more:)

Good stuff storm

My AQYHA stepping 2600+ will run 2.5 at 1.7V. I am using the Thermaltake SubZero4G. My max temp underload hit 125F/52C. That was running 3DMark01 and 03 back to back. I really like this CPU.

Back