My lights on my laptop don't work after XP install

Jordan

Gawd
So I took windows xp home off my Toshiba laptop and installed Win XP Pro, and now the blue lights on the keys don't light up anymore. Anyone have an idea to what might of caused this? There are no unknown hardware devices in my Device manager so I know my drivers are installed.

have you installed all the drivers from the toshiba website? that's what i did to mine after formatting and it worked :)

I installed the drivers off the Toshiba CD. Do you have any idea as to which one controls the lights?

hmm, i would try to go to the toshiba website and work from there. the drivers on the CD might be a little outdated.

sorry this isn't any help. do all toshibas have lit up keys? if so I'm getting one of those!

Try contacting customer support, I dont know if they will help you though unless your laptop is still under warrenty.

its a BAD INSTALL. your drivers didnt install correctly. this happens with the sound too. you have to reformatt and reinstal XP.

The only other thing that it could be if its not a bad install is that its the hookups inside. sometimes on desktop computers the wires pluggin in to the mobo get nocked loose. i dont think thats the problem here but it might be

Back