• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

my lcd keeps blinking on and off

Tunabow

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 4, 2001
Messages
1,438
I have no clue whats going on ive installed the latest everything
here are my specs:
Windows XP Pro with SP1a
All latest drivers
Abit NF7 S
XP mobile 2400 at 2.25ghz
512 of samsung 2700
ATI radeon 9600 XT at stock speeds

it also did with with my last motherboard and proc so i know its not that. Is there somesort of setting im overlooking that would cause my LCD to blink like this? Its a samsung 191t+

Any help would be greatly appreciated
 
You might want to try to enable 'Reduce DVI Frequency' under the ATI control panel. It fixed my problem with my 191T and 9600Pro
 
just tried that and it didnt work, im gonna keep messing around with these settings and see if it helps any.
 
I had the same problem but with a 19" (CRT) Mag 800v. It still does it and I have used it on 3 or 4 computers now. It doesnt happen all the time so its not a huge deal but it still sucks. I have tried everything, so I think that the monitor is just broken. Im sure one day its gonna flicker and decide not to turn back on again.
 
my cuz has the same problem with his 17in viewsonic lcd, it blinks every 1 hour or so.
how offten does it blink?
 
Originally posted by darktiger
Make sure your refresh rate is at 60hz.

thats what the problem was, it said it supported 1280x1024 @ 75hz but it didnt. When I set it to 60 it had no problems.
 
Back
Top