My internet is now [H]

So I just got to school a few days ago, and I've tested the internet...this bitch is fast.

Whenever I test on DSLReports, it doesn't seem that impressive, so I've also included a screenshot of downloads to show the more average speeds I'm getting.

Anytime morning to afternoon, I can download at over 1MB/sec. During night/peak hours, I haven't seen it drop below 600kb/s. :cool:

dslreportswtfwtfbbq.JPG

haha1myinternetisfuckingawesome.JPG

You just wait till verizon finishes rolling fibre out in Tampa and I have my 30 megabit line for $60 to stomp all over you :D

Nice upload though.

Nice.

I spent a summer at UMCP with a T3 and an empty campus. Ran so fast that the lousy 10Base-T wiring was capping my speeds (around 8Mbps, given a good server).

I've felt lost and alone ever since.

lomn75 said:
Nice.

I spent a summer at UMCP with a T3 and an empty campus. Ran so fast that the lousy 10Base-T wiring was capping my speeds (around 8Mbps, given a good server).

I've felt lost and alone ever since.

Yea, we've still got the 10BaseT wiring, and oh how it sucks. Still, the SONET lines are nice, and the bandwidth is awesome.

workingnonstop said:
So I just got to school a few days ago, and I've tested the internet...this bitch is fast.

Whenever I test on DSLReports, it doesn't seem that impressive, so I've also included a screenshot of downloads to show the more average speeds I'm getting.

Anytime morning to afternoon, I can download at over 1MB/sec. During night/peak hours, I haven't seen it drop below 600kb/s. :cool:

dslreportswtfwtfbbq.JPG

haha1myinternetisfuckingawesome.JPG

Hmmm something is wrong there.

You say over "1MB" (1 Mega Byte), but the graph shows around 1.3Mb (1.3 Mega Bit)... but then your downloads are running at over 1,000KBps (so over 1MB/sec) which means that graph should show your connection running at 8Mbit :confused:

But then to top it off, you say "I haven't seen it drop below 600kb/s." which now I'm confused cause 8Mbit and 600Kbit is a HUGE diffrence.

Ockie0107 said:
Hmmm something is wrong there.

You say over "1MB" (1 Mega Byte), but the graph shows around 1.3Mb (1.3 Mega Bit)... but then your downloads are running at over 1,000KBps (so over 1MB/sec) which means that graph should show your connection running at 8Mbit :confused:

But then to top it off, you say "I haven't seen it drop below 600kb/s." which now I'm confused cause 8Mbit and 600Kbit is a HUGE diffrence.

Yeah, the connection tops out aroud 8Mbit. I should have said "I havent seen it drop below 600KB/s (is in KBytes), which would be somewhere around 5Mbit/s if my math is right.

I'm not sure why DSLReports won't test this properly, but my downloads are hitting 1MB/sec, sometimes a little lower. :)

I win :) pulled off toast.net it went way off the screen so i took a screenshot of the far right part of it not to bad .. could be better network must be slowing down everybody must be looking at pr0n if somebody get's higher i'll run another test :D

network.JPG

well my post is just form one of our servers here at work we have multiple t3 and higher lines here at www.anthem.com so i could probably get up around 50MB/Sec if i wanted to :D

The[H]uman said:
I win :) pulled off toast.net it went way off the screen so i took a screenshot of the far right part of it not to bad .. could be better network must be slowing down everybody must be looking at pr0n if somebody get's higher i'll run another test :D
is this higher?
10003.jpg

Well once last year RCN was fooling around with bandwidth speeds, and my modem went crazy in a good way.

WHOOOOAAAA%20RCN.JPG

Yes, you're reading correctly, that is 272Mbps

<- doubts

i can do that too

and those that went to bandwidthplace.com, the page displays your IP if you care

speedtest.jpg

I love my setup, I get 700Kbps tested up/down and its not been down once since I got it. thats whats important to me. And a static IP for free! :eek: :cool:

they also said if they 'catch' me downloading illegal stuff they block my MAC and they run a proprietary DSL system with proprietary modems, I cant find that the modem has a MAC so I think they block my device attatched to it, and if so its arouter I can change the MAC freely on :cool: ;)

more bandwidth isnt always better, I actually like my setup a lot because its so stable and has an uncapped up.

Nobody actually believes that test anyway. DSLR is a bit nicer for this stuff... upload measurement good!

UMCPWintermute said:
Yea, we've still got the 10BaseT wiring, and oh how it sucks. Still, the SONET lines are nice, and the bandwidth is awesome.

Don't forget the packetshaper. At UMBC, we have the speed and the ability to use any port, though the damn firewall only lets us host anything off a single port. Now that sucks.

Back