• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My internet died today

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x7
Staff member
2FA
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
6,881
I was getting ready to leave on a business trip. I spent two hours trying to get it to work, but me and the ISP decided to send out a technician when I return from my trip. ACK!

No internets? That means my 160K ppd will have no way to upload.

crap. I think it might be my cable modem. It was not "visible" to the ISP lady on the phone.
 
I was getting ready to leave on a business trip. I spent two hours trying to get it to work, but me and the ISP decided to send out a technician when I return from my trip. ACK!

No internets? That means my 160K ppd will have no way to upload.

crap. I think it might be my cable modem. It was not "visible" to the ISP lady on the phone.

You could make a hot spot via smartphone and connect through that ?
 
Sounds like me, out of town for 6 days ... internet goes out on day 2 and no one at home can figure out how to get it back up , so meh
 
The only phone with a hot spot is mine... and I have it 250 miles away from home. Nice idea, but it will not work.

Thanks!

Thanks to someone who is folding in my name while I am gone. Very cool! Whoever you are... very nice gesture! I appreciate your kind efforts!
 
Both of our Straight Talk phones can USB tether using PDAnet (the FoxFi counterpart). However the Foxfi part doesn't seem to work on our Straight Talk phones. It worked great on my Bionic while on Verizon. I couldn't pass up having wifi hotspot for a one time $8 charge.
 
I'm back home.

The ISP is sending a tech on Monday.

I've lost some hi-def and occasionally low-def broadcast channels (ABC,NBC) but not Fox or CBS. Weird. The internet is not working at all. The ISP cannot "see" my modem on their network.
 
Back on line.

The ISP guys ran a new cable from the junction box to the house. They guessed that the extreme cold had caused the cable to fail and a new one seemed to fix all of my problems.
 
Is it faster with new cable??????????
 
I don't think things are faster. When it was good before... it was as good as it is now. I have 50/3 internet speeds.

The only thing I have not done is play games online and checked my ping. I really hope my ping is better, but I realize that it has not likely changed for the better. But it couldn't be any worse.
 
Back
Top