My IC7 MAx 3

mdmikep

Limp Gawd
I just got my max3 going, with a 2.4C. A couple of strange things though. The NB HS has a thermal pad on it(I scraped it off and put on Artic silver). and the heat sinks on the MOSFET's didnt have anything on them, and they arent even held on by anything sturdy. Im gonna give a go of this thing, but I was kinda surprised to see that. Ill let you know it turns out. Mike

yeah, I got the motherboard for xmas, looked at it and said. This is gonna cost me some cash.

You just gave me the itch to mod mine...... and i see the mosefs arnt connected with anything..... so ima arctic alumina them on.

Anyone know the cfm of the otes cooling system... while im here i wanna know if i wanna keep this 40mm fan

Go for it on the MOSFETs. I already got my 2.4C to 3.0. My RAM sucks so I have to use 3:2, but I'll get some new stuff sometime. Than this thing will really shine! My RAM will only hit 180, which is weird because it says on it 433DDR

Alright finished

Took the OTES off and taped it up......... painted the Duct Flake midnight blue twice. Then used 2 coats of UV blue, the clear coat enamel....... covers up them damn green leds well too. Looks great.

Also I took my NB cooler off and AS5ed it. On the Mosefts I also put a dab of AS5 on them and pushed the mosefts into posisition....... I unno if itll help transfer any but I feel good about it :-D.

Next onto painting my Ram.... and the rest of the case... WIll post log once i finish

Back