My IBM PS/2 Keyboard finally died.. What to get to replace it?

mwroobel

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi all. Well, my favorite keyboard EVER, a PS/2 Model M keyboard has finally given out. I am now looking for a more modern clicky keyboard with good travel, what do you all suggest? From my research, I believe that the Cherry MX Blue switches will give me the feel and response that I like (or do you think others will be better), which board do you all think is best?

nothing compares to buckling spring, except buckling spring. cherry doesn't even come close.

buy another buckling spring board. unicomp still makes model m boards on the original tooling.

The Cooler Master Quick Fire I bought is a DAMN nice keyboard!

For being my first mechanical keyboard I have ZERO desire to try anything else.

MX Blues are AWESOME and most akin to those old IBM keyboard (clicky and clacky!).

nothing compares to buckling spring, except buckling spring. cherry doesn't even come close.

buy another buckling spring board. unicomp still makes model m boards on the original tooling.

This. If you are looking for something different the Cherry MX Blues aren't bad (I love them), but they will still feel very different to you.

Hi all. Well, my favorite keyboard EVER, a PS/2 Model M keyboard has finally given out. I am now looking for a more modern clicky keyboard with good travel, what do you all suggest? From my research, I believe that the Cherry MX Blue switches will give me the feel and response that I like (or do you think others will be better), which board do you all think is best?

I don't know why you wouldn't just go ahead and get another Model M... Unicomp has all the machinery and is still making them. I recommend getting a space saver model.

http://pckeyboard.com/

That's their home page. Order directly. Let us know what you do!

Cheers,

Thanks guys! I think I am going to try the Unicomp so i can stick with what I like. btw I finally tried a Cherry MX Blue based keyboard today and while I liked it a lot, I still like the feel of my model M more!

Back