my htpc mod

P4B

Limp Gawd
Look down for new post on my LIAN LI

Last edited:
sry for wasting your time. didnt think this would work but had to try.

thanks for the help i hope this works better. thanks again

Hello i put together a LIAN LI HTPC and couldnt get the hard drive to sit right in its bay. So i needed to do somemodding! Wire extensions! lol. Wire nuts where to much and had to go with the tape to fit it all.
100_0351.jpg

Now i have that done, the cpu fan starts running at full speed. Put a hot oc 2 core in, and couldnt fit a aftermarket cooler. The thing was so loud i had to do something.

Their isnt much i can do but add a side fan. I picked a spot with the lest in its way. After picking out a nice grill and fan i started my cuts. Had a few ways of cutting the hole, but tin snips worked the best after i got started with a dremel.
100_0341.jpg

I got the bug for sure.
Its been a year and i have built my dad a cheapo computer for the fun of it. But when i made the order i picked a new psu to swap with my htpc. He'll never now. he just plays cards and FBs. Only the new psu has way more connecters then i need. but still worked.

Anyway it seems these LIAN LI cases scratch real ez.

Now to fit the fan. I had to cut away at the frame of the fan to make it work. All is quiet and running.
100_0355.jpg

OK NOW my A.D.D. is kicking in since its almost UPGRADE TIME.

The 7970s and 580s just came out

With the guts out of the htpc and the prices of GPUs dropping with the new lines out now. Im thinking my htpc could use a gpu, But so could that one i built for pops. Now i have two 5870s that are nice. they where twelveth worthy in cfx. Now with two new cards that push the 5870 cfx to about sixteenth to eighteenth spot.

I can swap out pops gpu real ez. But the htpc is going to be hard to jam a $450 gpu in there. The case takes low profile only. Here is where the A.D.D. comes in. I found a case for it.
100_0338.jpg

This is a wall display thing for trinkets with dual sliding doors. I removed the center shelf and have measured the thing. i might be able to use this.

Only problem here is that i have no wood tools. I'll talk a carpenter out of some tools at work.

Heres a link to my rubber band fan holder straped right to the sides of two 5870s and cd drive internal lights.
http://youtu.be/syqH9UTJZIg

Really like to thank Big Sturl for the Photobucket link. and hope this isnt to weak of a post.

Looks great man. I love the grill and especially the two USB ports below it. Nice job!

cheap and easy paint job.didnt like the silver grill after a few days. matched up the blueray front cover.
100_0395.jpg

Back