My HTPC :D cajita chiquita!

perrosky

Limp Gawd
I'm building and HTPC for my bedroom the features I'm looking foward with this build are.

1.Small
2.Power Efficient. (without sacrifying CPU power)
3.Silent
4.fast

USES: Tv-shows and blue-ray from my WHS, hulu, netflix. and some other things later.

WINDOWS ULTIMATE 64bit

M350 Universal Mini-ITX enclosure

picoPSU-150-XT + 80W Adapter Power Kit

ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 HDMI Mini ITX

Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz LGA 775 65W

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)

Intel X25-V SSDSA2MP040G2R5 2.5" 40GB

Logitech Harmony 520

The parts arrive 2morrow feedbacks welcome!

Last edited:
I hope that psu is gonna be powerful enough. You might need to underclock it. I recently did a build with a 45watt cpu with a 60 watt ac-dc converter. It powered up but when the cpu went more than ~75% the thing would shut right off. all i had connected to the motherboard was a single 2.5" harddrive.

80W should be enough. I'd change the CPU to an E5200: Enough by itself to handle 1080p without hardware acceleration.

looks nice.... i am assuming you have a NAS or WHS that has storage since the htpc is only a 40gb drive.

love that 40gb SSD for a OS drive....

looks nice.... i am assuming you have a NAS or WHS that has storage since the htpc is only a 40gb drive.

love that 40gb SSD for a OS drive....

yes I do have WHS with 4tb so far and it works great wired with cat6 :)

I hope that psu is gonna be powerful enough. You might need to underclock it. I recently did a build with a 45watt cpu with a 60 watt ac-dc converter. It powered up but when the cpu went more than ~75% the thing would shut right off. all i had connected to the motherboard was a single 2.5" harddrive.

like lowteckh just said it is enought for everything I do tv, blue-ray play, the system just draw 54 to 57wats while playing blue-ray.

have you ran prime95 or orthos to see if at full stress the PSU is enough?

i would probably go the amd x4 600e route myself, with the same video. well maybe its just because i wanted to myself and i didnt...

have you ran prime95 or orthos to see if at full stress the PSU is enough?

Yea I'd be interested about this. I that Zotac mini-ITX board looks awesome to put a c2d or pentium dual core in. Of course without undervolting it, the cpu would take most of the power supply on full load, lol. I am currently undervolting, (lowered the voltage but kept the clock the same) my e6420, and it's nice since it generates less heat. Good for smaller cases. Not sure how much less power it takes though.

I really hope you didn't buy Ultimate for this build. You just need Home Premium, Ultimate is a waste of money..... Wow. there's several parts there that I wouldn't have bought either. You wasted a lot of money on this build, hope you enjoy it.....

I did bought ultimate but at half price in ebay, and I do enjoy the build, it's fast enought to keep me happy I hate lags.

Back