• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My HDD keeps Beeping?

Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
697
can anyone point me in the direction where i can run a SMART test on my hdd cause it keeps beeping and freezing from time to time even though nothings on there and causes my OS to stutter.

thank [H] members
 
Install CrystalDiskInfo and see if it says your drive is any other status other than Good.

Now beeping is weird. In the 20 to 30 years I have used hard drives I have never ever heard one beep. Click, chirp, motor stop start are common but not beeps. Is this an external drive?
 
no internal for my laptop.

is that program okay to use over long periods of time or just a trial?
 
As odd as it sounds, HDs can beep.
I got a few seagates that beep on shutdown.
Seagate claims it isn't a issue.
 
On a laptop at work I have dual Momentus XL drives. These make a strange noise when spinning back up. Probably when unparking the heads. However I would not call it a beep.
 
Back
Top