• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

My harddrive is full

Parker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
418
I finally filled up my 60Gb 10Krpm OS harddrive, not bad for 4 years. Granted I've got a 500Gb secondary hd. Looks like it's time to upgrade to SSD. However, I'm a little out of the loop. I've seen some recommendations on the board and they all seem to be SATA III. My mobo is a GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L with SATA 3Gb/S capability. I'll assume by the description that it's considered SATA I...? Will any newer drive be backwards compatible but just limited to the motherboard's SATA speed, or do I need a mobo that supports SATA III?
 
SATA 3 GB/S = SATA-II. Newer drives are backwards compatible - sometimes a jumper is needed tho.
 
Back
Top