My H70 front mounted install

Gio

Weaksauce
Just thought I'd share my install. I wanted to get a H70 but have it properly cooled as an intake without rear mounting it and blowing the warm air into the case. After looking over my case I found I had the distance to mount the rad and fans in push/pull in the front of my case leaving the exhaust fans intact and properly venting. Here are the pics.

And the money shot :D

I will run IBT with Coretemp later and post the results.

ive done something similar with my h50. its mounted in 3 bays with a scythe kama bay plus as an intake. the fan was replaced on the kama bay with a slipstream. the kama bay feeds the push/pull s-flex's, im getting some real nice intake into the case

I thought the instructions recommended it being it mounted as an intake. Rear of the case of front really doesn't seem to matter. What is important is the case has good air flow. Large top mounted exhaust fans work well for this set up.

That looks like a good fit. How did you securely mount it to the front of your case?

How are the temps?

Last edited:
Yes it should be mounted as an intake but the hose length is usually the issue with mounting it in the front. Mid tower cases should be able to. I have a 120mm mounting spot in the front so it mounts up perfectly.

Ran some tests yesterday. Ambient room temp is 20*C. On idle my cpu is 21-22*C. Full IBT load with Coretemp monitoring no core got higher than 67*C! Previous Ninja 2 cooler had similar idle temps but on avg 91*C was max core. I have a Scythe SFF21F pushing and one of the stock H70 fans (running at 1600rpm) pulling. Case temps are about the same if not less by a degree but i will chalk that up to cleaning the components prior to install even though it was clean. I am going to try and push my Q6600 a little higher now and see what i can max out at.

Wow, you are getting amazing temps with that set up. Excellent job.

Thanks! I tried pushing the old quad a little more. I got it to 3.6GHz with a small bump to voltage. Running it at 1.336V now and temps are the same idle, 69*C max core temp. Everest never reports the CPU over 55*C on IBT full load. So ideally this setup should never go over 45ish*C on a regular load. I am VERY happy with this cooler and setup overall. :D

Back