• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My GO is a dud.....

Crosshairs

Administrator
Staff member
2FA
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
26,951
So I get a Q6600 GO..I had high hopes.....
I cant even get to 2.7 without crashing..WTF!!!....

EVGA 680i
PCP&C 750 quad
Patriot PC6400

I must be missing something here..My E6600 did 3.6 on this board without breaking a sweat..I'm on high end water, so temps are not a problem....Ive tried every voltage and FSB combo I can..I just cant get it stable.....

was using the p30 BIOS..went back to the P29 same shit...
the ram will do 400Mhz no problem, it did 475 with my E6600 for a few suicide runs...
It must be this damn CPU....

what am I missing here..

I was all the way up to 1.6 Vcore and then said fuck it......

anyone else get a crap GO stepping?
 
Yeah, is it ia 122-CK-NF68-T1/A1?

If it's a NF68-TR/AR you need to contact eVGA and RMA for a newer revision board that supports quad core overclocking.

If it's NF63-TR/AR (a 680i "SE") you're out of luck. They market those boards as supporting dual core OCing but not quad core OCing, they aren't eligible for the Step-Up program, and short of buying a new board there's really no solution for you.
 
Im 90% sure its your board. I recently switched from a 680i A1 to a P5K Deluxe, the OC difference on my quad was amazing. I would top out at 350ish FSB on the 680i and now I can take my G0 quad to 496FSB. Anyways, my advice is to ditch that board if you can and go for a P35 chipset board, unless you need SLI.
 
OK, Its a 122-CK-NF68-A1...
it would clock the E6600 no problem..so maybe its a BIOS issue...the P30 BIOS was supposed to address issues with quads...
 
I had a similar problem on my first A1, they allowed me to rma and that was that.

As mentioned above, I can confirm this as well, that P35 boards clock much better than the 680i and run much cooler than my 680i.
 
Early rev. EVGA 680i mobo's had problems with quad core overclocking but not with dual cores. New ones can fix that, you mite even be able to get an RMA because of it.
 
Early rev. EVGA 680i mobo's had problems with quad core overclocking but not with dual cores. New ones can fix that, you mite even be able to get an RMA because of it.


how do I tell if its an early revision....I got this back from RMA less than 2 months ago....

I'm also not stuck on the 680i but I need to be sure whatever I get to replace it is layed out very close to this board..I really don't want to have to re-do my water loop.....my hoses are cut to the perfect length...not much room for movement.
 
how do I tell if its an early revision....I got this back from RMA less than 2 months ago....

I'm also not stuck on the 680i but I need to be sure whatever I get to replace it is layed out very close to this board..I really don't want to have to re-do my water loop.....my hoses are cut to the perfect length...not much room for movement.

If it's an A1 it should be a recent revision, so you shouldn't be having this much trouble. NF68-ARs are early revision boards.

This may seem stupid, but you've disabled SpeedStep, Linkboost, and all that other crap, right?
 
Just update the firmware on your motherboard. Someone on NCIX forum has the same MoBO and same problem as you, after updated firmware, he can OC to 3.6Ghz.
 
Just update the firmware on your motherboard. Someone on NCIX forum has the same MoBO and same problem as you, after updated firmware, he can OC to 3.6Ghz.

I was at P30...that was giving me trouble..I went back to P29 and it was still no good..
 
RMA it, you should have no problem.

When I had that issue, I just explained the situation that it wouldn't overclock past 2.7, and even then it wasn't without issue.

I wonder if you received my old board :p
 
RMA it, you should have no problem.

When I had that issue, I just explained the situation that it wouldn't overclock past 2.7, and even then it wasn't without issue.

I wonder if you received my old board :p

I might just sell it and get a new board......its a shame cause its a nice board and its less than 2 months old..:(
 
The chipset is rev C00 instead of D00 which works much better for the quads. If you still have the reciept, register the board and submit for an RMA. They will grant the exchange. Simple enough.
 
The chipset is rev C00 instead of D00 which works much better for the quads. If you still have the receipt, register the board and submit for an RMA. They will grant the exchange. Simple enough.

But how do I tell what chipset I have?
The board is only back from RMA about 2 months now..is there a chance I already have the new chipset?

I don't have a problem with an RMA, just want to be sure I really need it.
 
Overclocking is luck. Any number of factors can prevent you from oc'ing successfully.

PLEASE remember there is _no_ guarantee to having any over clock at all. Returning items that work fine at stock just because they don't OC to your expectations is eventually going to ruin return privileges for everyone!!
 
Overclocking is luck. Any number of factors can prevent you from oc'ing successfully.

PLEASE remember there is _no_ guarantee to having any over clock at all. Returning items that work fine at stock just because they don't OC to your expectations is eventually going to ruin return privileges for everyone!!

Thanks for your input....
This board is marketed as an enthusiast board..They are very aware that most people who who buy it, do so to overclock it..and they encourage it.

if I hadn't planned to overclock my CPU, I would certainly have bought a board that was much cheaper.


If I were to RMA it I would tell them exactly why, and at that point if they offer an RMA its their decision.

Many people have done so, and gotten back boards that don't have this problem.
So it is in fact, a problem.
 
Thanks for your input....
This board is marketed as an enthusiast board..They are very aware that most people who who buy it, do so to overclock it..and they encourage it.

if I hadn't planned to overclock my CPU, I would certainly have bought a board that was much cheaper.


If I were to RMA it I would tell them exactly why, and at that point if they offer an RMA its their decision.

Many people have done so, and gotten back boards that don't have this problem.
So it is in fact, a problem.


greyskys tread conclusions aside,whats the VID on the chip ?
 
greyskys tread conclusions aside,whats the VID on the chip ?
I think its 1.25...Im pretty sure thats what CPUz said......wont be back home till Thursday to check again....but I'm pretty sure thats what it said...
 
Back
Top