• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My FX53 is crap.

Peach

Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
994
I've spent days trying to OC it, what am I doing wrong? It won't even prime stable at 2500mhz. Specs in sig
 
what are you doing to OC it?

have you read the OCing guide?

sure it isn't your RAM?

tried memtest86 and prime95 at stock speeds?

 
I am dropping my HT Multi to 2x and trying different combinations of FSB raising and multi dropping, I know my motherboard can do 290HTT and my RAM can 1:1 it at 2.5-3-3-7. It seems that my CPU is just crappy, because I can't get it prime stable 1mhz past stock pretty much. My PCI lock is working also. Im going to try priming for 12 hours on stock tomorrow, and do memtest86 on each stick afterwards. As for the comment about my PSU, I don't think its the problem because I had a 2.8ghz Prescott P4 running at 3.8ghz with a 300w PSU. This isn't a PCI-E rig.
 
Back
Top