lessthanjakejohn

Limp Gawd
comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

comp3.jpg

sometimes it starts shaking and shit

up in the backwhere the fan is it is 75dB

gets up to about 65dB where my head is

Holy Crap. Glad i my comp purrs at about 20-24 Db @ low. About 30 Db @ High. :p :D

Edit: How can you stand that for extended periods of time?

acetic said:
Edit: How can you stand that for extended periods of time?

it drove me absoultely crazy during the school year...

it still drives me crazy now

but just now, I added some duct tape to parts of the fan and assembly

-5-10dB on most of the measurements

Its still loud as hell though

hmmm, come again? what thing makes the noise
router?

anyway, thats freakingly loud, you are going to become deaf for sure

stealth fans all the way... I can put my head next to my comp and hear nothing but the purring harddrive. This, of course, changes whenever my cd-rom turns on its engines. Vantec Stealth fans = leet.

So... how many Tornados do you have in this system? :eek:

My current system is already driving me crazy and it's only about 34 dB(A) right now...

(can't wait to upgrade: Zalman HSF and Seagate or Samsung HDD to replace the WD)

usually, dells are nearly silent. my freind has one, and i cant hear it at all... sometimes i wish i had it

9 fans and 2 HDs can make some noise... i'd guess its only about 30-35dba though.. a bit louder than a whisper

Ahriman said:
stealth fans all the way... I can put my head next to my comp and hear nothing but the purring harddrive. This, of course, changes whenever my cd-rom turns on its engines. Vantec Stealth fans = leet.

Stealths are overrated. Personally I like Papst and Panaflo. I want to try one of the new Silent-X fans, 14dB and 24CFM.

fallsincluded said:
9 fans and 2 HDs can make some noise... i'd guess its only about 30-35dba though.. a bit louder than a whisper
I don't know about you, but I would go crazy if I heared someone whispering whenever I'm in the same room as my computer.

Well, aside from freaking out, that is :p

Sorry but if you've been too lazy to not fix this for an entire school year I don't feel very sorry for you! :p

Get better fans, use less fans, or get a fan controller for the sake of humanity!

PicoFaradPJF said:
Sorry but if you've been too lazy to not fix this for an entire school year I don't feel very sorry for you! :p

lmao...

It hasn't been that bad, until about 2-3 months ago, thats when it started shaking when I had photoshop, word, firefox, and gaim open....

Anyway, I ordered a Panaflo 92 * 25 at Medium
and two Panaflo 80 * 25 Lows

Also a Thermalright SLK 947U heatsink retailing at 56, I got it at 26 with shipping at SVC and Arctic Silver 5 from Jab-tech.

I'll try the two 80 panaflos first and see how hot that is, I may put the 92 in the stock location if it becomes unstable

Back