My Fractal Arc Mini

thanks. that's how i started this, and just decided since i was doing a lot of BOINCing, i should go ahead and add another. if i did need all the drives, i've seen both hd trays pulled out and another 240mm put up there, but that leaves nothing for drives (with my res/pump in the 5.25" bays).

(reposting this here form a conversation in another thread, but it seems relevant. this conversation was discussing the pros/cons of adding a second video card to the system as to only has 1 monitor running on the main card)

ok, drum roll please!

so i was able to pick up the card at fry's (last one btw, ordering online before you go get it FTW!). i booted up my machine, let it sit for 1 minute, then launched HW monitor, minimized that and ran 3dmark06. as soon as that finished i got my score and took a screen shot of the score and the temps. after that, i shut down the machine and installed the gt 210. again i booted up the machine, let it sit for 1 minute, launched HW monitor, minimized that and ran 3dmark06. as soon as that finished, i got my score for the second run and the temps, so here you go!

SINGLE:
singlecard.jpg

2 CARDS:
dual.jpg

so, to sum up, we are looking at a difference of 162 3dmarks (well within the variance of the test itself), and a drop in main gpu temps of 14C at load, and 15C at idle, as well as a 1C to 4C drop in cpu temps (this because the main GPU and cpu are on the same water loop). with the information in hand, i can say this is WELL worth the $25 cost of the second card. thoughts?

Back