My Fortron died after 10 months.... Here are my next choices....

Two big rails reduces the chance of a single rail being overloaded. Rather important when dealing with that many HDDs. ;)

What about the Ultra X3? Thermaltake Toughpower 1kw? Silverstone Olympia 1kw?

What about the Ultra X3? Thermaltake Toughpower 1kw? Silverstone Olympia 1kw?

Fine choices.... As I said, I am open to suggestions. I am looking to keep this supply for my next big build, a 1 kilowatt supply might be in order, especially if I keep the same number of drives.

The two supplies I mentioned would fit my Lian Li case and seemed to have recommendations. I was unsure of the benefits to dual or quad or a sextet of rails. It is presently a OPty 170 system, but a c2quad would be in the future.

Thank you in advance for the help.
david

I'm not by any means a psu tech but if i understand correctly the more rails you have the more chance of wasted power.
probably the reason the psu makers are going to single/dual rail units now

google some reviews, those are popular units and have alot of them.:)

Contact FSP about replacing/repairing the unit? I believe their standard warranty period is at least 1 year and they are pretty good about RMAs.

I'm not by any means a psu tech but if i understand correctly the more rails you have the more chance of wasted power.
probably the reason the psu makers are going to single/dual rail units now

google some reviews, those are popular units and have alot of them.:)

It all depends. A lot of multirail PSU's don't actually have the OCP set and even the ones that do can be properly utilized if a user sets up their system correctly.

Back