• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My first watercool project.... pics inside...

jhego

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,448
Hi guys,

As you all know i'm one of the members who took advantage of the group buy for the Swiftech Extreme Duty Kit. It's been 2-3 months since i bought it and finally had the time this weekend to actually build it. I would like to share what i've accomplished. I didn't document it step by step but i would have if only i had the camera before. But i'm sure what all that matters is the finished project. Leak test is succesful as well. Here it is...

img20313ke.jpg


img20327os.jpg


The reservoir attaches to the side panel.

img20327os.jpg


img2034large4hg.jpg


I put my finger to raise the reservoir and to show how it would look with the panel closed.

img2036large1li.jpg


img20375ja.jpg


img20385vg.jpg


I'm still waiting for the video card and the PSU that i ordered from Monarch.
Thanks for your time. :D

*Thanks to El Rolio for helping me out. I'm sure he got annoyed cuz i asked too many questions.
 
i actually own an AW. :( That was before when i was still stupid. Well my mom bought it for me so i didn't mind.
 
Nice Apex. It makes me even more excited because mine is on its way. I love ebay (brand new original apex for 190 shipped).
 
Thanks... Do you guys happen to know where i can get blue mixture? Green looks neat but i want it to match the blue lights in the front.
 
jhego said:
Do you guys happen to know where i can get blue mixture?

A lot of folks use a blue coolant called Pentosin, it can be found @ BMW and Volkswagon dealerships, or can be ordered online. You could also go with a blue dye as well if you wanted to add uv reactive properties to your fluid.
 
im using some blue primochill pc ice and it looks and performs great :) i know there have been reports of it actually being slightly conductive, but when my res leaked overnight (didnt tighten one of the barbs enough), and theres little puddled of blue stuff in my case and on various components, my system was still priming fine :D . I am glad i spent the money for a little peace of mind. Ill get pics up as soon as I actually finish this thing :p
 
TheToE! said:
A lot of folks use a blue coolant called Pentosin, it can be found @ BMW and Volkswagon dealerships, or can be ordered online.

That pronounced just how its spelled btw? pen-tos-in
 
yep thats how its pronounced. pentosin, you can google it and find tons of sites to buy it from.

good job jhego and nah no annoyance around here! very nice job there bud! and of course you get better with each build and with more experience under yer belt.

good job!
 
el rolio said:
yep thats how its pronounced. pentosin, you can google it and find tons of sites to buy it from.

I just went and bought a gallon at the volkswagen dealer, noone had it anywhere else in town, was 21.89 for a gallon. expensive but should last a really long time.
 
I don't know how well it would work in a Swiftech setup, but the Koolance coolant is blue.
 
llars said:
I don't know how well it would work in a Swiftech setup, but the Koolance coolant is blue.
it doesn't matter too much who's name is on the bottle. anti-corrosive additive is pretty similar brand to brand. mix ratio differs a bit, but the swiftech kit doesn't even have Al in it as far as i know, so it shouldn't be that picky about what you put in.
 
thanks....^^^

Does the pentosin prevent algae forming? So just plain pentosin and distilled water i suppose. How do you guys measure the mixture? I have a 1/2 liter measuring cup.
 
Back
Top