My first time - WC

Title says it all. Thought I would post some pictures of my build as I know I enjoyed seeing other members rigs. Enjoy! Details for those that want them.

Last edited:
Let's see... I wanted to build something that was clean and minimal with the understanding it may not be a super cool running rig.

Starting with a Corsair Carbide 540 I made two modifications. The first was to notch out the top to provide access to the top filling port of a Swiftech MCR220 (this is a combined pump, rad, and reservoir). The second modification was to drill two slots under the rear fan opening. This would allow me to flip a radiator to the outside with the fittings facing in.

Flow is Pump > CPU Block > GPU in parallel > 120mm rad > 240mm rad in a single loop.

The blocks are EK for CPU and GPUs.

This is cooling a i7-2600k and two EVGA GTX 780s.

Room temp is 20c, CPU 28c, GPU 1 34c, and GPU 2 31c (not sure why the last is cooler than the middle). This is after about four hours playing BF4 at Ultra at 145 fps on gun range and 80-100 fps on 64 multiplayer.

All in all happy with fans at 40 percent and the temps above. I imagine they will rise with longer sessions (hard for me to do) and when summer comes back again.

Last edited:
Hey,

Got the same case, really great for space management.
Could you show us some cable management photos ? I'm curious to see how you managed them because I had some matters to do it.

Sure, is there anything specific you want to see?

The first picture is a fully wired, and running computer. Most of the connections for the board are on the edge so most wires fold over then go through the rubber grommets.

I am using the CPU fan header to monitor and control pump speed. Those are the blue and green wires you can see.

There is a eight pin in the back corner.

The 24 pin main on the front side.

The sata cables go into the backside. The case has hard connectors that when you back the drive onto all the cables are hidden.

The fans all are run off a fan controller in the bay...

And the 6 and 8 pins for video you can see.

Now the backside... A complete rats nest. I gotta work on that.

Sweet job. That case goes a long ways to making things a hell of a lot easier to get accomplished as well. I built my daughter a system in that case. Nice...

Back