My first shuttle!!! Lookin' good?

that'll be a sweet system, i have nearly the same thing except 3400+ (and 6800gt). runs anything i throw at it without a hiccup
 
paulmofyourhand said:
looks A okie bob

as long as its single slot, ur just fine, power wise and all

You can fit a doubleslot in there, space wise. Powerwise is a different story.
 
GlobalFear said:
You can fit a doubleslot in there, space wise. Powerwise is a different story.

i would LOVE to see a picture of a double slot in a shuttle without mods to the case

powerwise its been proven to handle 6800 nu/gt/u , or atix800 pro/XT pe
 
To fit a double slot video card in a shuttle is simple. Just remove the mounting bracket that takes up 2 slots and bam, your good to go. When I had my BFG 256meg 5950 Ultra(which is a dual slot card) I simply removed the bracket to get it to fit, and I also replaced the original bracket with one from an older geforce 4 card so that I would be able to screw it down.

The heatsink fan combo on that card was smaller than most GeforceFX cards meaning I could put the cover on it and have it actually fit. I then combined this with the shuttle Mesh case cover and the blue leds on the two fans made it look really tight. I'm currently running a 6800 but I think of putting the 5950 back in for a bit just to take pictures as I realized that I don't have any from when it was setup like that.
 
first of all, im talking about a dual slot heatsink ,

you have the bfg 5950 that had the dual slot mounting bracket, the hsf was a single slot , i dont' know why bfg bother to do that . . .
 
funny thing is that I had to send the card back to them b/c of performance issues, and they sent me a card that was the same card meaning it was a BFG 5950, but it had a dual slot cooling solution. It stuck out the side of my case so far that I was unable to put the case cover on, but it would have looked cool if I cut space out for it, but instead I called BFG and had them send me a new one the was like my previous one b/c I think it looked a hell of alot better.
 
Back
Top