My first Qpack, still a work in progress

A few pics of my first SFF build. I still have cable management to do, grrrr i hate cables. Can i join the sff club? Heres the specs

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

Aspire X-Qpack Silver - (soon to be painted)
Intel Pentium D 820
ZALMAN CNPS7700ALCU Cooler
ASUS P5LD2-VM Intel 945G Chipset
1GB OCZ Value RAM
ATI Radeon X1800XL 256MB PCI-e
Antec True Power 2.0 550W Power Supply

Your ass is in. Also, the support that runs under the left side of the PSU (where the cables com out from) is a really great spot for cables. My case was absolutely clean, until I had to rip out my NeoHE for an RMA.

Thanks bro, I have some plans for the cables :p itll just take me a while. I'll post better pics after im done.

looks good, what are your temps? are you going to oc that D?

Actually funny you ask. ASUS PC Probe tells me that on idle it stays around 42-45 C and on load will hit about 52-57C I don't know if these temps are right. Because 42-45C idle is AMD temps. In my old case my temps were 54C Idle and about 65C load. This qpack made a big difference in temps. Yeah I'm planning to overclock but im new to overclocking. I've been building systems for years now but never OC'ed.

Is that a reg size optical drive?

I still have my Qpack and now that there is an OC matx was thinking of using it again. Just need a good psu and wat opticlas to put in there. I have to have the NEC dvd burner.

phillyp1982 said:
Actually funny you ask. ASUS PC Probe tells me that on idle it stays around 42-45 C and on load will hit about 52-57C I don't know if these temps are right. Because 42-45C idle is AMD temps. In my old case my temps were 54C Idle and about 65C load. This qpack made a big difference in temps. Yeah I'm planning to overclock but im new to overclocking. I've been building systems for years now but never OC'ed.

I don't think those temps are off. A friend of mine just built a Qpack with a 3500+ venice and tforce6100 mobo and he idles at 27-29c and load at 32-35. So your temps are right where they should be and because its a Qpack your temps are lower compared to people who have regular size cases with D's, since it has much better air flow.

I just ran 3dmark05 and I'm not happy with the results. on my old motherboard(Intel D945PSN) I hit 7200 score with 1024x768 no AA no AF. With this P5LD2-VM i hit 6800 with the same settings. Grrr.. Maybe some bios tweaking is needed? Anyone wanna help me?

I had the zalman in there and i flipped the fan the other way. I made it an intake. I also had a diferente fan that Aspire isnt too good.

Flipping it dropped the temps by like 10c!!!

load optimal settings in bios. also check to see if your ram is running at it's rated speed. I would you have ddr2-667 ram but I'm just guessing. check your temps while your benching to see if its getting toasty or not, if it is then flip the rear fan and make it a intake as stated above.

I have DDR2 533 (yeah I know) 4-4-4-12 i believe. I didnt' spend too much on this build. I got the cpu and mobo(D945PSN), winxp pro and 2 adobe softwares for $220 shipped from the Intel Retailedge program. So i got some cheapo ram. Im waiting for my AMD setup. I'll have to look at the bios settings later. I'm at work right now. Thanks for the help, keep em comin.

I got that package too but I'm not going to use it :D just gonna give it to my sister to use. I am a AMD guy after all :cool: .

anyway lot of people have some issues with that asus mobo and its mainly due to a bios issue which asus has not solved yet. I always thought asus was a good company but lately I've been hearing a lot of negative things about them and they seem to mostly care about their high-end products and forget the budget products.

The Pack of Qs is looking nice. I'm sure you had fun fitting the X1800xl in there.

im thinkin of putting an x1800xl in my qpack. How goes that fit? Is it cramped?

Back