My First Project: Henry Hoover (It's a Vacuum Cleaner)

Zeuss

n00b
One of my current projects is to build a full fledged PC into a Henry Hoover.
On a Budget as I am a Student.

Its Current Specs:
Abit VA-10 Motherboard
Athlon 2000XP (Palinimo Core)
256mb of PC3200 Kingmax Ram
40gb Maxtor HDD
Old PC Case.
300 Watt PSU

One Aim is to fit full size cards inside it. But its looking like a bit of a challenge. Not Only trying to fit them in, but actually getting the card in, in the 1st place.

Also i would love to get a DVD drive in there. Most probably taking discs in down through the top of the lid.(Going to have to aviod the carry handle though) Maybe one of those fancy slot feed drives. Although they seem a bit harder to get now-a-days. Maybe the almighty ebay will provide.

Some Pictures:

A Real Henry:
henry_hooverHVR2000_1.jpg

My Henry:

Update:

Mostly Built. Needs Power/Reset Buttons. And LED's. A DVD Drive and thinking about having a USB header on the knozle inlet.

Yeah i know its a bit battered and has paint on it. And its face has worn off :'(
But i think i have spare stickers for it around. Failing that, make a devil face up.

wouldn't mind to get this transfered to the projects forum. And the title changed to the title of my post. So if any *MOD*s read this. Can you please do it.

Looks like you just took you regular ATX case, and glued red plastic around it......oh wait, that IS what you did.

No problem, but keep up the good work, the more mods here the better

I opted for cutting up an old atx, rather than building all from scratch coz its easier. Might build a new frame from scratch later.

Shame i can't motorwise its wheels. That would be funky. Hmm maybe i can. Time to check small motor and gearboxes units.

Well..... at least if the insides get dusty people won't be able to say anything.... it's a mini shop-vac for crying out loud hehe. It would be funny if the fan intake came through the vacume hoze lol.

Id imagin the computer parts wouldnt like that much though huh hehe.

As for the handel, it would be awsome if you can keep it. I'd try thats for sure. Make transportation alot easier. There are still slot-fed dvd drives around if you look. Something like Pioneer DVD-105S. Just the first one i found a link to. Just gotta dig alittle. You are right though... they are not as common.

Keep up the work and welcome to [H].

Back