• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

My First OC

  • Thread starter Deleted member 69395
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 69395

Guest
My first OC test system is an XP 1700+

My OC rig is:
ASUS A7S266-VM/U2 SIS 740
XP 1700+ T-bred
256mb Kingston Value ram (pc133)
75 (YES 75 watt psu)
And Im not sure the HSF but its not stock (only 2200 rpms)

Its is only running 40C also


I got it up to 166 fsb at 11x multipier. I cant change thevoltage in the bios so thats all the juice I get, but hell its Xp2500+ speeds. How did I do for my first OC?

****EDIT****
http://www.boomspeed.com/compcrazy11/untitled.jpg

not bad, im gunna try to upgrade the bios to see if I can tamper with the voltage
 
That's pretty good if it's stable.

And how are you running a 75 watt PSU in this day and age?
 
Originally posted by BillLeeLee
That's pretty good if it's stable.

And how are you running a 75 watt PSU in this day and age?
yea its deffinatley stable. Well I got an old comp from my cousins after they got a new one that I set up and it had a 75 Watt PSU but the stupid MOBO connector didnt reach so I had to put in an even older 75 watt till I can get a new on, chekc out teh volts on it

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=751850

and I AM running stable some how
 
Not too bad. My first OC was a 1700+ as well, it's still running uber stable at 11x200. Havent tried pushing it further, I need another stick of RAM. Noone seems to reply to my post on BST. But not bad, 2200MHz for my first OC! :p
 
Its too bad, I wouyld love to go higher but the bios wont let me change the voltage and the multiplier is locked. I want to get this baby at least to 2 Ghz
 
Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
Its too bad, I wouyld love to go higher but the bios wont let me change the voltage and the multiplier is locked. I want to get this baby at least to 2 Ghz

so unlock the multi, it is really easy if you use the pinmod trick (just google for it - can even use a pinmod trick to up volts) - unless yours is one of the newer ones, then your screwed
 
Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
Well I might just try that :) but read my tradedy first

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=752350

once I get this under control I might as well try it

i think there is actually a pinmod guide somewhere, where you enter in the settings you want (i.e., 1.9v w/ 13multi - chipset view) and it will load up the appropriate picture - really helpful

i personally used it for unlocking the mutli, a simple small U shaped piece of wire, dropped right in the socket is great - plus, if there are any probs, all you gotta do is pull out the wire
 
Originally posted by [TQ]
7v on your 12v line and it's stable :eek:

go down farther, and you'll see it is really at 12.2v (reported by bios), and the software he was using was just off
 
That's not shabby, the T-Bred really wasn't too bad for OC'ing :).

My barton should come in on monday or tuesday, I'm looking forward to seeing how that stacks up in comparison.

Erik
 
Originally posted by Dem
That's not shabby, the T-Bred really wasn't too bad for OC'ing :).

My barton should come in on monday or tuesday, I'm looking forward to seeing how that stacks up in comparison.

Erik

Yea I like this T-Bred so far. I didnt think I could even pull 166 FSB out of it just like that without special attention to the voltage. I got it to 2500 Speeds (though it was reported a 2200 because it was like 10mhz faster than the the 2500 lol crazy numbering system *shakes fist*)
 
tbred.jpg


That's my t-bred. It can actually go a bit higher (2150mhz is stable, 210mhz FSB is also stable) but I have to go up to 1.85v on the core for that.

I can't quite manage 2200mhz --I can boot it into windows and run benchmarks, but it crashes out after a little while.

Erik
 
My first oc was a 1ghz tbred at 1.45ghz. If I had more voltage on that motherboard or better ram I would have hit 1.5 - 1.55ghz. My second oc was a 1800+ @ 2.3ghz. Now I've got 1.8ghz @ 2.2ghz - 2500 - 3200. Looking to get 2.6 - 2.7ghz with my dfi and 2600+ mobile now. If only newegg could teleport the parts into my house.
 
Thats some nice stuff, cant wait to fix my bios and press harder
 
Back
Top