• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My First OC

hazexban

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
3,315
I posted this in my thread for my new PC build, but I thought I should make a thread here since it is the OC section afterall.

Any feedback on what I need to pay special attention to would be great. I am going reread yet again the nice guide posted here to check for my self but as I am not pushing this that far I think I don't need to do much more.

Pics of my OC below

I ran Prime for a total of 12 hours so far and all the temps look the same as this screen which was taken after about an hour of running.

Looks good to me, but all I did was lower the CPU voltage and raise the FSB to 333 and do 1:1 ratio. I haven't touched the SB voltage, RAM timings or anything else.

If its working well like this should I worry about anything else?

Thanks!

OC1.jpg
 
Looks like one of those worker threads is not doing anything. Anyway thats a good mild overclock, I would check the whole thing with IntelBurnTest, do the maximum test, 20x (or 50x...) passes if you want some peace of mind. IntelBurnTest gets the CPU a good bit hotter than Prime95 so its excellent for testing stability and max temps.
 
I think that its odd that your core vs IHS temps are so different.


I wouldnt push much more, I am assuming you are using a stock heat sink

you may want to use a different temp reporting program, everest ultimate is a good one.

PM me if you would like one.
 
I will try out the IntelBurnTest, thanks for the tip.

Also all 4 threads were working, I just have the window dragged down hiding the 4th thread, if thats the one you thought was not working.

Thanks!!
 
I am using the Xigmatek HS that everyone raves about. I think it is doing a good job, but I also did use AS5 and maybe since it hasn't "cured" yet that is the issue.

I noticed the big difference in the temperatures as well but was not entirely sure why that was.
 
Back
Top