My first laptop

actually, it was running at 800 and turning down the brightness all the way ;)

all I was doing was chatting with the girlfriend on Trillian...got about 3:15...I'm sure I cuold have gotten more if I weren't using the wireless.

typically, I get about 2:15 or so out of it with brightness on high.

The optical drive on all laptops are replaceable...usually just one or two screws that need to come out.

Originally posted by lopoetve
If he had asked: I want this laptop, how is it? He would have gotten our response: It's a POS... NOT for taking to school and back, ever... And, I did point that out in my answer.

Oh, and I'm sure that ANYONE can make $200 in 12 months, which is what the financing time is on the eMachines through best buy.

We're just making a suggestion of the best thing to get at the moment at that price range.

i thought it was 2 years no interest on all notebooks through bestbuy

Originally posted by sjankech
i thought it was 2 years no interest on all notebooks through bestbuy
even at 12 months that is less than 17 per month. 16.67 a month would do it. Sigh

I hope the Dell Works well for you, I wish Hardware problems on no one. Enjoy.

Originally posted by Eric1285
The optical drive on all laptops are replaceable...usually just one or two screws that need to come out.

I wasn't saying they're not replaceable; just not swappable.

they're not made to be pulled out and have a floppy put in their place (or a spare battery, etc.)

They're fixed drives.

Originally posted by NecessaryEvil
actually, it was running at 800 and turning down the brightness all the way ;)

all I was doing was chatting with the girlfriend on Trillian...got about 3:15...I'm sure I cuold have gotten more if I weren't using the wireless.

typically, I get about 2:15 or so out of it with brightness on high.

Yeah, that would do it too :p

Back