my first ever wiring job.... * suggestions needed*

major props to all you guys.
My new rig is going to be a lian li case as well.
Im using this one to try different things for practice so
next month my new rig all wires will be completley out of sight.
I wanted to flip the hard drives around but couldnt think of a good way to do it. any suggestions?
also to the person who said the mobo layout sucks....
I couldnt agree more.

P.S. anyone know where I can buy rubber lining to put around the holes I cut to give them a cleaner look. As well as black cable sleeving? My local comp store only sells yellow ! Yuck!

P.S.S. I just bought my dremel today ive never even used one before! :D

cornelious0_0 said:
Be carefull and get in as much practice as you can on old eices fof amunum,
ya thats why im practicing on this case before I get my new lian li! lol

cornelious0_0 said:
Be carefull and get in as much practice as you can on old eices fof amunum,
or use your brother's case, like I did :D

here is a pic of his case, keep in mind there is a LOT more to do, but it will have to wait until the sleeving kit, longer IDE cable, and new CPU/chipset coolers get here

but at least your can see where it's headed

IMG_25553 (Large).JPG

EnderW said:
but at least your can see where it's headed

Cool stuff, that's a nice start you've got goin' there.

Tomorrow I might not be able to get pics, but I'm gonna move teh hard drive to the bottom right corner SATA plug on teh Silicon Image controller because I HIGHLY doubt I'll actually be able to notice a difference in performance, the SATA1 port on the SI controller is in a nice enough spot that the cable will go directly under the mobo and wont have to traval down in front of anything on the board.

When I get my ramsinks I'll see how the OC's and temps do without the fan card running first. I would idealy like to get rid of this thing, just to get rid of that silvery wire that is to short to hide properly.

I also already have a hole cut in my mobo tray from something else and I'm gonna take that cable that's going from taht top hole down under the mobo and run it behind teh plate, through the hole i cut, and out in the same spot to plug into teh card.

So, the wiring will be cleaned up even more after tomorrow, but I honestly don't know when I'll be able to grab more pics exactly.....but it'll be sometime in teh next few weeks. ;)

xveganx said:
I think I did a pretty good job. this is my first real effort ive ever made to clean up wiring.
This was for practice. Im building my new rig in a few weeks and I want it to be perfect.
Yes I know I need sleeving but aside from that I think I did a good job for my first time.
tell me what you think
http://img5.exs.cx/img5/2594/10001894rt.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img5.exs.cx/img5/882/10001913zm.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img5.exs.cx/img5/5644/10001931ev.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Is it possible for u to put the hdd's the other side so u can have the hdd cables behind so no1 will see them? :)

I wish you luck getting a Raid5 array looking nice. Get some pics up when you finish.

n64man120 said:
LOL we're the wiring pimps. Anyways thought of one last thing... Cable Sleeving!!!

Im not so sure that being a "wiring pimp" is something to be proud of.

Dudeyourlame said:
hey your not running dual channel memory mode !! put your ram is slots 1 and 3 :O
i actually have i think the exact same MB and my ram is in the same place. are you serious about that, because I have no idea what the difference would be. Explain plz..

BTW: nice job, its great for a first time!

Back