• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

My first er....SECOND mod COMPLETED

J-M-E

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 3, 2005
Messages
1,955
Well I just got a jigsaw today

This is the second hole I made with it so give me a break.

Im just practicing, I did it on a crappy case. Most of you will remember my first mod, it was terrible, i think this is a little better

dsc02741mediumhr4.jpg


:(

will update when ive made a good hole :D
 
This is the part when you put in a Delta TFB 120x38 220cfm fan into that hole, without a grille.
 
Bbq said:
This is the part when you put in a Delta TFB 120x38 220cfm fan into that hole, without a grille.


Two of them stacked together.
 
And see which one of your friends can get their entire finger through without being a pussy.
 
Im gonna make this case bitchin....

More pix tomorrow, I have some chopping and spray painting to do.
 
Well on top the case i had all these practice holes, so I just decided to turn them into a square which i will then put mesh under :p

dsc02748im7.jpg


and on the side panel im going to put a 140mm turbine fan

dsc02749sm7.jpg


Today I also spraypainted it all black. I think it will look pretty nice when its done

dsc02765jb4.jpg


kekeke
 
a good technique to use for that squared opening is draw filing. this will square up the hole, smooth the edges, and square the corners. Just take a Mill Bastard or Mill Smooth file and draw it sideways along the edge (as opposed to the usuall forward motions). repeat this until you make a smooth edge on the whole side, then repeat on the other sides. Helps to give the opening a real professional look.
 
That fan is looking pretty cool, but you need to straighten those cuts on the top, little off there.
 
Angry Bear said:
Pretty impressive stuff.

is the hardware from the cardboard box going in there?

nah its just some old hardware i had laying around, the cardboard box will continue to live because i like it for testing parts
 
Back
Top