My first DICE pot....

luihed

Limp Gawd
Finally finished my first dry ice pot and shes all ready to go:D ..... Im kinda proud of this one cos all work was done by me, I even learned how to solder lol....... No clue on how shes going to do, all I know is its been fun making her and Im gonna have a blast using her...... -79c on my E6600 and it cost me less than $50, gotta be the best deal in cooling lol....... All I need now iare some dry ice and luck:)

mpcleaned.JPG

mpmounting.JPG

mpinside.JPG

mypot2.jpg

lapped.jpg

nice stuff ! pour some acetone into that ! (it´s VERY flammable be careful) and NEVER use Methyl Bromide, u might die!
seriously ! is very toxic!

What is that design inside the pot? I'm making an endcap pot as well as soon as I can find some cheap copper tubing that I don't have to buy in 10' lengths.

The copper inside is from the stock Intel hsf, I chopped it down and drilled some holes ( even the sides ) to create more surface area..... For shorter piece of pipe, you have to buy from smaller plumbing stores.....good luck with your pot, its cheap and easy to make.... Best of all, it kick ass!!!

Using E6600, my temps were ( according to bios monitor )

@ stock....-72c
1.65v........-58c
1.84v....... -39c

I was using 1.68v most of the time......

I benched using my 24/7 case..... I never have to take out the mobo lol......
setup.JPG

Pot in action....
dice.JPG

result......
750.JPG

Im making a new ( hopefully better ) pot and will try again next week..... :D

Very nice work :D I do have a suggestion, if you would cut a hole in the bottom of the cap that the Intel sink just fits in and solder around that you will get much better temps and it will hold them better. As it is, the Intel part is only making good contact around the outside and is actually insulating the bottom of the cap. If you could have the base of the Intel hs actually making contact with the core, the base will work much better. Just let the Intel sink protrude about 1/8" through the cap, you can solder or braze on the bottom to make it easier.

Again. excellent work on a first pot :)

Thanks....

That was my original plan but I went this way to make it easy to make.... This is my first time soldering and with that design there will be pressure on the soldered part and I didnt want to risk it....... My new pot is design just like you suggested but Its using a diff piece of copper , Ill be able to study the performance difference..... I have a piece of 2.75" diameter x 2" thick copper on the way, Im still working on the design as of now and its going to be my "real" DICE pot...... next stop, LN2.....:D

The new design sounds interesting, hope you post it when it's finished. I have a solid copper Rev 1 Mousepot I'm using now, but plan on building one with the Intel section for a gpu pot. Here are a couple of pics of the solid copper pot and a loaded temp shot with my E6700es @ 1.63vcore. I just ran the same setup on my 950es Presler at 1.72v and it was eating ice as fast as I could load it, lol.. I did manage to get the world record for the 950 @ 6.1ghz and benched super pi at 5.9ghz :D

dicetube1xq1.jpg

Loaded (Super Pi) at 1.63v

dicerun2zv8.jpg

Nice......

Jason makes awesome pots but theyre not cheap...... Where do you put the thermometer probe?

Nice......

Jason makes awesome pots but theyre not cheap...... Where do you put the thermometer probe?

The base of the pot that actually contacts the cpu protrudes about 3mm from the bottom of the tube, there is a tiny hole drilled in that for the K type probe.

Back