My first case mod

Alright guys my first post and my first mod. I haven't seen any XPS 600 mods on here yet and i've been wanting to do one for a while now. Please let me know what you think. Don't be too harsh ;)

sw4ck1.jpg

2ij6zhj.jpg

k3q2cg.jpg

Need to clean up the edges with a file and sandpaper, then mount yourself a plexi window in that hole, and you'll be doing far better for yourself.

Might want to paint that blue panel to match the silver, too.

Good starting point though.

I've been trying to find that black rubber stuff that some people use for the edges to make it look cleaner. and the case required cutting two hole so i wanted to maybe get a tinted sheet of plexi for the open hole. Thanks for the input.

Rubber window edging, yeah. Should be able to get it at Home Depot or Lowes.

Yeah, Home Depot and Lowes have all kinds of great stuff for case mods. Sometimes when I need some inspiration for a mod, I start by walking around for hours. My wife will kill me if I buy any more tools though. lol

Car stores will have window edging... Ace hardware might too... HD will not.

Looks fine, but needs to be cleaned up. in-fact, a 10$ set of files to straighten the edge, and some window molding (maybe get some from frozencpu if you can't find it locally) and that'll look really nice.

Rubber edge trim , as they call it is at Walmart in the car section. They sell it in strips of 2.

Yea you wont find it in any Home Depot, their kinda dumb and dont even know what it is. Most local hardware stored wont even carry it. Your best bet is Frozen CPU or MNPCTech, I think MNPCTech has it cheaper then the others would.

You should totally take all the plastic parts of the case or and paint them a custom color, then pop the trim and a cast acrylic window on there.

I live in NYC and have access to a place called Canal Plastics, so ive seen a lot of the different Tinted windows. I would go with clear seeing as you have colored fans below it. A tinted window would just clash.

I was thinking possibly doing a bright green coat then a gloss coat, then doing the same to the ugly blue front panel. And i picked up some rubber window molding at Autozone. I was suprised to find it and it was only $6.50 for a 10 ft. roll. Will be painting, applying that, and installing a second plexi window above the other one. Will repost new pics in a few days. Thanks for the help guys.

Krylon and Rustolium make a fluorescent green color. I bought some to do the inside of my case with. Havent used it yet tho.

I just like to see people work with their Dell case. I say you got some balls to work with that in the first place. But, clean up the edges and maybe paint the whole thing too.

Back