My first case mod (Really just painting)

Funcoot

Limp Gawd
Disclaimer
Now I am only 15, so tools are limited to me, I decided to do a nice paint job.

Well I got my new parts last week, and decided I needed a new case, but instead of buying a new nice 100 dollar one, I would recycle one we barely used. Granted the case was beat up as far as looks went.

Here is the new paint job
S7300606.jpg

S7300602.jpg

S7300601.jpg

For an idea of what it looked like last time, the inside was all bare aluminum, even the black parts behind the tray. And on the outside, the red part you see, used to be silver with a few black scratches. I know the paint job wasn't the best and needs a few more coats, but I am still very pleased. I plan to add future modifications!

Note:
Red has a problem on my camera, so it really isn't THAT bright or popish.

throw some red led's in the front vents and make sure whatever else in it has black front bezels and then tell us whats goin inside of it.:D

A modest set up.

Intel C2D E4500
Abit IP35-E
Corsair XMS2 (2x 1gig) Ram
Corsair 650TX 650watt PSU.

And either a 9600gt, 8800gt, or 8800gts(G92).

Disclaimer
Now I am only 15, so tools are limited to me, I decided to do a nice paint job.

Well I got my new parts last week, and decided I needed a new case, but instead of buying a new nice 100 dollar one, I would recycle one we barely used. Granted the case was beat up as far as looks went.

Here is the new paint job

For an idea of what it looked like last time, the inside was all bare aluminum, even the black parts behind the tray. And on the outside, the red part you see, used to be silver with a few black scratches. I know the paint job wasn't the best and needs a few more coats, but I am still very pleased. I plan to add future modifications!

Note:
Red has a problem on my camera, so it really isn't THAT bright or popish.

case DELL?good job:D

Nice paint job! Looks real good. Show us what it looks like once it is fully built up.

I'd like to announce I am in the midst of building it.

Things done:

CPU installed
Ram installed
Mobo installed into case
PSU installed into casse & hooked up
1 case fan, exhaust, hooked up

Also, my first build.

Funcoot.. this is really quite unbelivable.. I modded the same case you did in the same way lol. I painted the same case the same color red LOL.
Normally I'm too lazy to take pictures but I suppose this warrants it.

edit:

Here is the picture:
200704150002sb3.jpg

Obviously I removed a few things and added a fan to the top, but to start they were nearly the same ;)

Back