My first attenpt at sleeving (PICS)

EPS Sniper

Gawd
So here it is...my first attempt at sleeving. I made the mistake of thinking that heatshrink can fit over the connectors and shrink perfectly to the wires. Anyways, needless to say that I used a pin and got things done. Here are the fans:

fan-ccfl-mod-002.jpg

fan-ccfl-mod-003.jpg

I also took the time to modify my CCFL. Considering I won't really use the switch and it's a pain in the ass, I gutted it and sleeved what I could (or felt like). Here is that:

fan-ccfl-mod-001.jpg

Anyways, I hope I did a good job on these. I was worried about mixing up the wires, even though I was extremely careful about it. If the wiring was messed up, I'd know immediately, right?

Also, am I the only one who gets a little hesitant as to the quality of my own work? Sometimes I feel like although I did a really good job, something will mess up because it isn't "professional."

Thats the end of my rant. :) Thanks for reading and let me know what you guys think.

with any project apply the 3 or 5 foot test. Basically, how does it look from 3 feet away? With sleeving you may know where the mesh on THAT power plug on the second IDE drive has a small fray just outside the heatshrink. The only way of knowing is if you did the sleeve yourself or if you got really really close and went over everything in minute detail.

Originally posted by EPS Sniper
So here it is...my first attempt at sleeving....

...Also, am I the only one who gets a little hesitant as to the quality of my own work? Sometimes I feel like although I did a really good job, something will mess up because it isn't "professional."

Thats the end of my rant. :) Thanks for reading and let me know what you guys think.

Want to do mine too? :p j/k Looks very good to me. Hope mine will look that good.

BTW we have the same phone lol. ;)

Thanks to everybody that replied. The fans are still going strong and looking nice while they're at it.

The Panasonic phone is awesome...I got stick of my vtech phones dying every year or so :D

Originally posted by Xeese
Looks like an add to post count to me.

Look whos talking? I noticed a few others who have a higher post count doing the same thing.

Is there something wrong with me complementing somebody on a job well done?

Nothing wrong with complementing a person. Always good to add something new to the thread, even if the oh wow! is your own. :D

what did u use on that heatshrink?
a blowdryer? or a lighter? or a heat gun?

Looks good, I just got my sleeving kit in and I'm about to use it.

BTW, did u use a blowdryer on the heatshrink?

Excellent Job, I wish I had the time to do mine, i have all the stuff here to do it, but sheesh no time.

Thanks for all the kind replies....

The sleeving I used was 1/4" sleeving that I got from SVC. The heatshrink I got in a variety pack from Fry's so that I could try out differnent sizes. I used a hairdryer to shrink it, b/c a lighter may burn it (I'm not very patient or coordinated :) ).

The CCFL kit is from pctoyland.com. It is supposed to be good and it is, but the switch on the pci slot is too loose and it also makes plugging in the power really hard (think short cables). Thats why I gutted the switch alltogether.

If you've got any other questions, let me know, and again thanks for all the compliments :)

Back