My first attempt at Panoramic

uncleb

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
108
My wife and I took a trip to Lake Tahoe today and I decided to try out my panoramic skills. I am using a Canon Powershot A510. I lost the CD with the PhotoStitch software so I am using AutoPano Sift, Hugin, and Enblend to get this done.

I tried it with just a couple of photos for the first shot and I think it turned out very well. The second shot is using more photos and has a bit of a color mismatch, but I am happy for my first attempt. Let me know what you think.

Lake Tahoe Panoramic 1

Lake Tahoe Panoramic 2

These are resized by the way. If you want me to post the full size jpg's, let me know.

 
The first one is not that bad, but the second one, half of the picture gets considerably dark...
 
Did you enable ae lock? I think thats something that you can do to keep the meter from re-reading the scene and provide the same exposure. I do know that in panoramic mode it automatically locks the exposure of the 1st shot taken until you disable panoramic mode on my Canon, not sure about yours.

The 1st one is great. The 2nd one isnt too bad either.
 
Yeah, I agree that the second one isn't that great, but it isn't that bad. I can't wait to get the tripod out next time and go to town. I am going hiking next weekend so we'll see what I can come up with.

 
Nice panoramics has a good wide view. While the second is a tad darker, it isnt terribly so.
 
Back
Top