My Eyefinity setup

Thank God for the WoW add/on "moveanything", they should make that a standard feature for every video game. Now I can move all menus, maps, character names, etc...where ever I want on any three monitors :cool:

I was going to tease you about the mounts you had your 3 on... :D
Plenty of time to either build a bench or pick a desk you'll be happy with later.

P.S. If you have any schools near you, ask if they have any old desks for like the Art Dept. they are throwing out.
I have one that would fit 3 perfect and it's normal computer desktop high.

After seeing tons of setups on this stuff, what angle do you have your side monitors at? I've seen some setups with less then 45 and I am just wondering.

If you don't have a Display Port monitor, then you must have the active adapter connected to one of them, that will then connect to the DP on the back of the video card;
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Cables/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=330-5521
This is one of the few that actually work. No cheap simple adapter will work, it has to be powered like this one.

For the love of all that's Holy!

I can't buy it from Dell in Canada, those bastards! I called Dell, they will take my money in USD for the adapter, but cannot ship it to any address outside of the USA. Nice. I already have the monitors, what I need is the kind help of the [H] members in the US to mail me an adapter. If anyone is interested, PM me please. Thanks.

After seeing tons of setups on this stuff, what angle do you have your side monitors at? I've seen some setups with less then 45 and I am just wondering.

I tilted my monitors rather unscientifically. I'd say the nagle they're at is roughly 25-30 deg; I don't have them in all the way at 45.

Updates: We did 10 man raids on Sunday; specifically Vault of Archavon and Trial of the Grand Crusader; No lag at all or stutter. Pretty fluid throughout. I have to say on the Heroic Anub'arak fight in ToGC having the extra vision on the left and right gave me greater situational awareness as to where my guildmates were, where Anub's spikes were when he tunneled, all the while letting me focus on dps'ing scarabs and burrowers.

No pics unfortunately. Raiding 25 mans tonight (onyxia and normal trial of the crusader). I'll see if I can get some pics then.

I can't buy it from Dell in Canada, those bastards! I called Dell, they will take my money in USD for the adapter, but cannot ship it to any address outside of the USA. Nice. I already have the monitors, what I need is the kind help of the [H] members in the US to mail me an adapter. If anyone is interested, PM me please. Thanks.

Now you know how we in Europe often feel - just buy it from Amazon/Ebay.

Amazon's got us screwed here too! The bizlink adapter in question shows up on Amazon's USA website, but is not a listed item on the Canadian site, here we go again!

w.jpg

I have an extra adaptor coming as I couldn't wait for it anymore from my buddy from the US. Another place in the US has them back in stock (cost more than dell) so I decided to buy another one and have it shipped overnight. A little pricey, but it will be worth it once its in my hands tomorrow.

A side note, my buddy told me today after I ordered the other one is that the Dell adaptor was on back ordered and only shipped from them today. I should have it in another week if anyone is interested in taking it off my hands

Last edited:
Onyxia 25 and ToCr 25 flawless. No perceptable lag even on heavy AE fights like whelps on Onyxia. I'm a shadowpriest, and mindsear puts out a tremendous amount of dps on whelps. Let's just say I had 3 screens filled with yellow numbers and it was 40+ fps.

wow dude that is sweet i can wait till i get my other 2 monitors to go along with my 2x5870s

I have to say on the Heroic Anub'arak fight in ToGC having the extra vision on the left and right gave me greater situational awareness as to where my guildmates were, where Anub's spikes were when he tunneled, all the while letting me focus on dps'ing scarabs and burrowers.

What is this language you speak? :p

I have an extra adaptor coming as I couldn't wait for it anymore from my buddy from the US. Another place in the US has them back in stock (cost more than dell) so I decided to buy another one and have it shipped overnight. A little pricey, but it will be worth it once its in my hands tomorrow.

A side note, my buddy told me today after I ordered the other one is that the Dell adaptor was on back ordered and only shipped from them today. I should have it in another week if anyone is interested in taking it off my hands

This morning, I found out my Dell order got delayed TWICE! Can you PM the US site that has them in stock? I live in the US and can't find them anywhere.

Well, thanks to my friend ontariotl, I now have my very own bizlink/Dell active adapter. Will post pics soon.

This morning, I found out my Dell order got delayed TWICE! Can you PM the US site that has them in stock? I live in the US and can't find them anywhere.

My Dell adapter just shipped. I ordered Oct 3rd. Looks like they got some stock in. Good luck to those who ordered.

FYI - Dell has the 23" P2310H LCD monitors with Display Ports on sale for ~$186 shipped/taxes/Environmental fees with coupon 47xr?f955njr13 (Credit to Cheapy Stuff of SD)

LINK

I'm thrilled using the same models for my Eyefinity setup.

Last edited:
Back