• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My experience with Dell 2005FPW

RayCSJ

n00b
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
27
I got a Rev A03 Nov 2005 LCD the other day and am pretty happy with it for the most part except for backlight bleedthrough on the lower left and upper right corners. I called tech support and after convincing the tech rep that my monitor was showing the bleedthrough with nothing plugged in, he determined that it was defective. Took an hour for him to figure that out. So they tell me they're gonna send me another one and lo and behold, one arrives 2 days later. It is a Rev A03 Dec 2005 and it shows a little bleedthrough on the lower left and the lower right corner, but not as bad as the first LCD. I'm just glad that they both have no dead pixels. A note on the bleedthrough, new owners should let the LCD warm up first before testing for bleedthrough or dead pixels as the bleedthrough is not evident until the LCD has reached warm to the touch temps, which I assume is its working temps.

Anyway, so here's the funny part, I asked them what I had to do in order to send them the old LCD and they said that instructions and shipping labels were to be included with the replacement LCD. I've looked everywhere and all I see is a shipping invoice with the packing list!!! What does this mean? What should I do? Does this mean I get a free LCD? It says it's not an invoice so does this mean they didn't charge me for the replacement? I don't want to call them and have them go, "Oh that should have come with shipping return labels and whatnot". At the same time I'd rather not have them go, "You haven't sent us the old LCD so we're charging you for both". I confused, HELP?

RAY
 
Anyway, so here's the funny part, I asked them what I had to do in order to send them the old LCD and they said that instructions and shipping labels were to be included with the replacement LCD. I've looked everywhere and all I see is a shipping invoice with the packing list!!! What does this mean? What should I do? Does this mean I get a free LCD? It says it's not an invoice so does this mean they didn't charge me for the replacement? I don't want to call them and have them go, "Oh that should have come with shipping return labels and whatnot". At the same time I'd rather not have them go, "You haven't sent us the old LCD so we're charging you for both". I confused, HELP?

I would call them up and explain the situation and they will deal with it how they see fit. I wouldn't mess around with them as everything is documented on their end.
 
Wrong. Dell did this TWICE to me during my 4 fucking 2405FPWS swap episode. Both times I had to call them and they had DHL come and pick it up at a specified location and time. You won't get away with having two, so don't even try it.
 
Back
Top