my evga geforce 8800gts 640mb questions

luke51087

2[H]4U
Ok well i was wondering the other day i had put my computer into standby, is there a reason why the card still feels like it runs at full power? the heat exhast while in standby is just as hot as if it was running normally. Any one know why this is?

There is a possibility that you had a game running in the background and it was using the lowpower 3d option... or it didnt cool off yet from when you had played earlier... Some of these cards stay pretty hot after a few hours of gaming.

thats the thing though even if i dont play a game for a long time before putting my pc in to stand by it seems to always be running at like 55+ degrees C right after i bring it out of standy just doesnt seem like its powering down at all. If you put your had in the back of my pc it is still blowing out hot air like really hot air lol

Ok well i was wondering the other day i had put my computer into standby, is there a reason why the card still feels like it runs at full power? the heat exhast while in standby is just as hot as if it was running normally. Any one know why this is?

S1 or S3 standby? (check your BIOS)

S1 keeps your peripherals powered up. S3 just keeps your memory powered up.

HA thanks calebb thats why i love these forums. does s1 actually do anything?

HA thanks calebb thats why i love these forums. does s1 actually do anything?

I think S1 is just the older standard - some peripherals aren't compatible with S3 and won't come back out of standby correctly. But if all your components are ~3-4 years old or newer, you should be fine.

I use S3 myself on a Dimension 9100 and a C2D / Asus P5K system I built - it works correctly on both :)

Back