My Ebay Stax score

Not to sound like an ass. But if they were so good why did you sell them.. When you first got them all you did was rave about them on headfi?

Guess what I just bought again? lol

I sold them to get into speakers. That did not work out so I am returning to the Lambdas + SRD-7 and a Pop Pulse T40i amp.

More on the little known amp. I got it for $140 and $300 for the Lambda + SRD-7.

It should also work well for my 550 MKII speakers if I ever get a room I can use them in.

With the audio fidelity of Class-AB and the power efficiency of Class-D, integrated preamp, digital display and remote control, the Pop Pulse T40i T-Amp 1 delivers exceptional power, sound and features... at an unbeatable price!

Quality components are used throughout... Elna polar and BP caps, dual OPA LM-4562 op amps in preamp stage. The Tripath TA 2022 chip give the amp its heart, soul — and muscle.

How does the Pop Pulse T-Amp 1 sound? Same (Tripath), but pleasantly different (TA2022). It is a bit more laid-back. Everything is there. Soundstage is big. Placement of instruments and voices are well defined. Sound is robust and authoritative with plenty of power for transients. You'll find no thin or dry female vocals here. And the lower end has a richer and more tonally defined sound.

Bottom line? This is a T-amp with muscle and laid-back warmth. If you have less than efficient speakers — or just want more power — and have been looking for T-amp sound (and a heckuva good deal) you won't be disappointed!

Back